BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Aetna Meeting for Saturday  (Read 12631 times)

BigJerm

Re: Aetna Meeting for Saturday
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2008, 12:39:30 PM »
Well go!  What's a little rain gonna hurt?  It couldn't be worse than Tellico or Morris Mountain.  Which in my opinion, MM wasn't bad, I got to do some riding which was the whole point of me going there.  And since Aetna is my favorite place we've been to, I'm gonna be there. You said yourself, you've got a winch now, so.. no worries.

tru dat... Guess i need to make sure the damn winch still works!

Daniel

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2008, 01:06:37 PM »
Yeah.  It'd be best.  Which, to the best of my knowledge, you haven't had any trouble outta this one have you?  Which, unless it's just the ultimate kinda slop, we should be ok.  Nothing up there seemed undoable.  Everything had a bypass, and even the bypasses were pretty fun.  Hopefully, with a few more rides under my belt and a locker, I'll be a little more ballsy.  Not enough to push it past the point of breaking anything. 

BigJerm

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2008, 01:17:09 PM »
Yeah.  It'd be best.  Which, to the best of my knowledge, you haven't had any trouble outta this one have you? 

Only trouble was near the top of slick rock when that clip thing came off the drum and the end of the line started to unspool. "Anybody got some wrenches?"

But now i got rope and i made damn sure it was nice and secure so that should be happening again. Ill probably clean and grease all the connections again though.

Daniel

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »
We apply this little motto at our work, but it could work during many instances in your life:

The 6 P's:
Proper Planning Prevents
Piss Poor Performance

You clean and lube those connections the best you can. 

Hopefully now that Premier Off-Road has a tube bender and welder (on the way) we can start scheming up some ideas for a nice bumper and tube doors for the ol' Ranger, then I could get into the winch market.  Hell, I might find myself "Jeepin'" it, too.  Ridin' around town with my tube doors or the doors off completely, I could see it.  I could also see all the odd looks I'd get, too. 

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2008, 04:20:41 PM »
Well go!  What's a little rain gonna hurt?  It couldn't be worse than Tellico or Morris Mountain.  Which in my opinion, MM wasn't bad, I got to do some riding which was the whole point of me going there.  And since Aetna is my favorite place we've been to, I'm gonna be there. You said yourself, you've got a winch now, so.. no worries.

tru dat... Guess i need to make sure the damn winch still works!

haha, im right with you man. my winch JUST broke down a few days ago after pulling someone out. doing my best to fix it before this weekend otherwise you guys have to haul ur ropes...  :P
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Chris Hyde

« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2008, 04:25:51 PM »
First pull is free.  All other pulls are $10.00 each and go toward club expenses.  ;D

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2008, 04:30:39 PM »
First pull is free.  All other pulls are $10.00 each and go toward club expenses.  ;D
I will slash that price by 25% and all expenses go to making the wheel base longer on my Tj.  :o
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2008, 04:35:08 PM »
I will rent my strap for $5 and you can find someone with more power to pull you out.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Chris Hyde

« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2008, 04:38:43 PM »
I will slash that price by 25% and all expenses go to making the wheel base longer on my Tj.  :o

Do you only take correct change or will you have a roll of quarters and some one's?

BigJerm

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2008, 04:51:14 PM »
I will winch for $2... for the first 10' feet of line. $1 for each foot after 10'

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2008, 04:51:34 PM »

Do you only take correct change or will you have a roll of quarters and some one's?

I will take pennys, pesos what ever I can get.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Chris Hyde

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2008, 04:57:44 PM »
Bottle tabs?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM