BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Taurus M85 ultra Light - Possible issue  (Read 1990 times)

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Taurus M85 ultra Light - Possible issue
« on: May 16, 2014, 12:36:57 PM »
So, was at the range at lunch in buckhead, and i had about 50 rounds i got frm the gun show, NOT +P ..    started shooting.  great gun, at 11-15 yards im keeping it in the kill zone.  very fun gun to shoot.

however.   here is the part i need help with.

as i was packing up in my lane, i checked the barrel and cylinder just making sure everything is snug, stable.  after i made sure the gun was clear/empty, i closed the cylinder and was moving the gun and
heard a rattle ?   like something was lose , a screw, or something, maybe from the handle? hard to tell.   it dry fires fine, even put 5 more rounds, thru with no issue.  but the rattle is still there.

i called Taurus, they said have a smith look at it, before maybe call back and have them do a work/repair order on it.

anyone ever heard of this?  i was going to take the grip off and look in to see if i saw anything, but wanted to check here first, see if any of the "Gun Monkeys" could shed some light, maybe its suppose to rattle
some?
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Re:
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2014, 12:42:05 PM »
I would have to hold the gun and and hear it myself. See if you can post a video.

STAY AWAY FROM +P ammo. You don't need it and the gun doesn't need to be stressed for regular shooting
Bobby

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
Re: Taurus M85 ultra Light - Possible issue
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2014, 12:52:59 PM »
I only have +p for my defense load.  i only practice with normal ammo.  actually i have never shot it in these guns.   gun is in the car, will have to do a video when i get home.  hope i can get it uploaded.   i hope its nothing serious.  :(  

did a search on the internet.  found this.  never heard of this before.

Haven't shot it yet. Have noticed there is a rattling part inside the trigger mechanism. Have dry fired the gun and noticed that as the trigger is held back - the rattle stops.

Is this normal? or do I have a send back?

Mine has the same little rattle in it.

most revolvers will have that. it's the transfer bar. it is not in place unless the trigger is pulled. if it's not in place, the hammer can't send the firing pin into the primer. (i.e. it makes it safe if you drop it on the hammer).

yeah the lcr doesn't have an exposed hammer, but inertia and all that...

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 12:58:36 PM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM