BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Neat new product...  (Read 787 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Neat new product...
« on: March 12, 2008, 09:15:28 PM »
I just got a new 4 wheel parts catalog and this new product caught my eye. I currently have a hard top on my TJ. I would love to have a soft top for the summers but do not want the hassle of converting tops and bars etc. I run a bikini in the summer but there is no real rain cover with it and when I ride away from home I can't leave the top at home in case of rain. So here is this new "emergency top" for Jeeps I saw. I like the idea alot as it would be a good rain cover for when you are out topless. I know you could not ride down the road with it but I just thought it was cool. I only work 1.5 miles from the house so maybe it would hold up to a 35 mile an hour drive? It seems cheap at $140.00. Just thinking of picking one up for riding away from home. What do you guys think?

http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=40320#
I've grown tired of this.

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Neat new product...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 08:38:54 AM »
Looks like it would make a good trail top too.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Postal

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 08:39:46 AM »
Hmm...not bad, I guess. It looks like it just attaches with elastic bands to the door hinges and the rear tail-lights ( I guess that's why they say it won't work with flush mount lights).

It does look like it would wad up pretty good and fit behind the back seat.  I wonder how small it would get. Maybe stuff it in the center console?
Yeah, I'd be curious at what speed you can get to before it flies off.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:41:27 AM »
It looks like it also has some sort of rail that goes under the lip on the sides of the jeep. If it has that it seems like it would hold on fairly well.

Postal

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 11:58:04 PM »
It looks like it also has some sort of rail that goes under the lip on the sides of the jeep. If it has that it seems like it would hold on fairly well.
Hmm.....yeah...now that you mention it, it does look like there is a lip there.  It probably would hold, but may flap quite a bit. But then again, it would only be for emergencies anyway.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2008, 06:46:01 PM »
 I've thought about making something like that "for emergencies" for XJ doors, pretty neat.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2008, 06:50:13 PM »
I've thought about making something like that "for emergencies" for XJ doors, pretty neat.

Or you can do what I do when it starts raining.

Roll up the windows, crank up the radio, turn on the AC, and laugh at the Wrangler owners as they drive around in the rain topless.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2008, 06:51:43 PM »
Lame! ;D
- Jimmy

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2008, 07:00:45 PM »

Or you can do what I do when it starts raining.

Roll up the windows, crank up the radio, turn on the AC, and laugh at the Wrangler owners as they drive around in the rain topless.

Where's your sense of adventure? You should have gone to dixie run last year. That access road was like a dry silt bed and I needed 2 showers to get it off me! The group I was in was like riding through a fog bank... loved every minute of it though!!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2008, 07:32:05 PM »
Where's your sense of adventure? You should have gone to dixie run last year. That access road was like a dry silt bed and I needed 2 showers to get it off me! The group I was in was like riding through a fog bank... loved every minute of it though!!

I have a sense of adventure. That is why I wheel. It just so happens that I am wheeling a luxury vehicle with a solid roof.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Chris Hyde

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 07:41:26 PM »

Thats just wrong!  ;D Wrangler owners don't laugh at you when they see you parked on your trails.........................the Grocery store, soccer practice and the Mall of Georgia.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2008, 07:43:02 PM by Chris »

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 08:09:24 PM »

Thats just wrong!  ;D Wrangler owners don't laugh at you when they see you parked on your trails.........................the Grocery store, soccer practice and the Mall of Georgia.

Says the guy with the 7.5" lifted XJ  ;D Chris, Krawlers story reminds me of the dust at Tellico in September, that was not fun.
- Jimmy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM