BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Adventure trip 7/12/14  (Read 134 times)

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
Adventure trip 7/12/14
« on: July 13, 2014, 08:19:39 AM »
I missed the Chocco ride yesterday as I had committed to a day ride at Adventure with some friends.  Started with 8 rigs, all buggy types - 1 K5 blazer, 1 CJ on Rockwells and 49s, 5 Toyotas, and mine.  At the end of the day only the Jeeps and 1 Toy were intact.

We started on 47-43, which is definitely a tough trail, esp. with recent rain mud.  Definitely one for 37s and up and skinny pedal/wheelspeed in spots.  Took a couple of hours r/t to camp, but no-one broke and only a couple of winch pulls.  After lunch we decided to "play" on Area 51; carnage resulted for the Toys.  Broken driveshaft, broken hub, broken rear ring-pinion.  I was denied on the big notch to the far left, as was everyone but the big Jeep, and he had to work hard on it.

By then it was 5:00pm, so I and the K5 decided to do one more run.  Trails 60 and 25.  These were excellent for built rigs, basically gullies filled with  moderate size rocks.  I think locked rigs on 35s would have fun on these with a good challenge, with one spot needing a little skinny pedal and some spotting.  We did it pretty quick and were back to load up at 6:00.

When driving back we got a call that the K5 had blown up his full-hydro PSC hydro ram and was stuck on trail 1.  None of the other rigs have CBs, and we were surprised that he hadn't called for help earlier.  I have the same ram for hydro-assist on my rig and could have swapped it to get him off the trail, but we were past Chattanooga when he called.   //:hlp//  Everyone else was camping, so hopefully there was plenty of help available, including the skid loader at the park.

I didn't break anything, but have a couple of fluid leaks to check out.  Rear diff cover seeping, rear axle seal, and tranny all leave a few drops.

So there's a few more trails to consider for the next ride at Adventure for the built rigs.  While challenging no real off-camber spots to worry about.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM