BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: August 14 - 17: CORE Harlan Ride * DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 28760 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
August 14 - 17: CORE Harlan Ride * DISCUSSION THREAD
« on: July 14, 2014, 01:37:27 PM »
AUGUST 14-17 : HARLAN KY

CORE MEMBERS RIDE

DISCUSSION ONLY

CHECK IN THREAD HERE : http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=13099.msg218471#msg218471

Harlan County; Evarts, Kentucky[/b][/size]
320 miles from Atlanta, 5 plus hours

Trail Rating: Tier 2 & 3  - this is a serious ride with serious trails, ask questions in this thread to find out if it is something you want to do.

Harlan County Website: http://www.harlancountytrails.com/

Google Map: http://goo.gl/maps/6pHw6

Trail Map: coming soon

Park Ride Fees::

31 day permit - $30
  annual permit - $50

Park Waiver- Signed when purchasing permits

Accomodations:

Cabins:
http://www.visitblackmtncabins.com/Black_Mountain_Cabins/Welcome.html

call Mike King at one of these numbers:  606-505-5403 or 606-837-9961
Mike owns the cabins and will reserve one for you,  if he doesn't answer, leave a message and he'll call you back.

Camping
http://www.harlancountytrails.com/camping.php

A CB IS MANDATORY ON ALL GATR RIDES

GATR Ride Rules:
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=2396.msg114926#msg114926

GATR Rig Requirements:
As always, your rig must meet all of the GATR Rig requirements to ride with GATR.
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=2396.msg114926#msg114926

Rough Itinerary:

Thursday - Arrive throughout the day - possible PM ride
Friday - All day ride, lunch on the trail
Saturday - All day ride, lunch on the trail
Sunday - depart
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 02:43:10 PM by PHANTOM »

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: August 14 - 17: CORE Harlan Ride * DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »
If you have not gotten a cabin reservation you should call and email Mike ASAP! I know a good bit of the cabins were already booked up. There is a campground just down the street from our cabins but not the best area to camp. This is also a DRY county (other than the local moonshine) so if you like to have a cold one at night, bring all you can cause you won't find a refill store for about 50 miles. There is a small grocery store in town and a few mom and pop joints as well to eat at but do yourself a favor and overpack. Not alot of stuff around where we will be.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2014, 02:54:45 PM »
A FUNCTIONING CB and CB ANTENNA ARE MANDATORY ON ALL GATR RIDES

Fixed it for those who think having a CB that is not connected to an antenna or a power source still meets the requirements.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2014, 04:08:06 PM »

Fixed it for those who think having a CB that is not connected to an antenna or a power source still meets the requirements.

Yes, a functioning CB is necessary for sure

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 04:09:54 PM »
While we are covering rules...you MUST be ready to ride at 9am, not just arriving at the park and still doing the basic crap of unloading, airing down, gassing up, icing down, etc.  Be ready to hit the trails after the driver meeting.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 04:12:22 PM »
While we are covering rules...you MUST be ready to ride at 9am, not just arriving at the park and still doing the basic crap of unloading, airing down, gassing up, icing down, etc.  Be ready to hit the trails after the driver meeting.

We are done with the waiting. Did you notice we hada short meeting and we were off. Not sure about the other groups but this will be put into place from now on as we all do not want to wait. If we say meeting at 9... be there with your rigs off the trailer, aired down, coolers packed and TP in the back  //OLDSKOOL//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 07:25:41 PM »
Going to miss this year.  Will be in Iceland that weekend watching the Formula Off road races.
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 09:03:11 PM »

We are done with the waiting. Did you notice we hada short meeting and we were off. Not sure about the other groups but this will be put into place from now on as we all do not want to wait. If we say meeting at 9... be there with your rigs off the trailer, aired down, coolers packed and TP in the back  //OLDSKOOL//

What about those who can't make in there by 9am for rides? Not this ride in particular, but I work second shift and sometimes I'm not home till after 1am. I don't understand making someone be there at 9. Better to be there late than not at all.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

One thing I will throw in about fire extinguisher, if you are belted in you better be able to reach it or else it's no good. Putting it on the rear roll bar is not a good idea. An on watcher may not be able to get to you fast enough. I can reach mine buckled in my 5 point harness. I don't recommend the Kiddy (ones from walmart and such).  Those have straws inside them that break easily or come undone. They do not like bouncing around. 4 Wheel Parts carry the correct ones along with a few other places. Close to $50 for 5 lbs. A lot cheaper than skin graphs and the pain to go with it. My new car that I'm building will have that halo system that covers the motor, fuel tank, and cockpit area. 
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:23 PM »
Good point, Tripp, I'll be relocating mine, soon.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
August 14 - 17: CORE Harlan Ride * DISCUSSION THREAD
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2014, 09:29:00 PM »

What about those who can't make in there by 9am for rides? Not this ride in particular, but I work second shift and sometimes I'm not home till after 1am. I don't understand making someone be there at 9. Better to be there late than not at all.

If you are late, catch up with the group and don't bitch about missing announcements.

Just make sure you let the group know that you will be late and catching up. The problems arise when someone says they will be there and then they don't show up.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:32:13 PM by tcdawg »

Offline Trail Duty

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 07:07:18 AM »
Pissed I'm going to have to miss this for the third year in a row, always lands on the move in weekend. My rig's probably not up to par anyways  //LMAO// Y'all have fun, one day I'll make it to this one.
David - 2011 Flame Red JKU

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM