BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: So what makes a mall crawler a mall crawler?  (Read 1594 times)

Online Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: So what makes a mall crawler a mall crawler?
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2014, 10:18:02 PM »
Wow that's definitely a sleeper you've got there!
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:43 PM »
It's definitely been a fun build so far, and a good learning experience. I bought it from my sister for right at $500, so I didn't mind dropping a little money on mods. I'll tell you, once they get around 180k miles everything starts falling off.  At the first of the year I plan to start the SAS with my JK d44, 12" Fox c/o's, Clayton TJ RE style radius arms, and 4 link rear. I just need  to gather a few more parts. For now, I enjoy wheeling something you don't usually see out on the trails. While not as capable as the bigger rigs, I can hang with them by putting my skids to work.
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

Online Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2014, 11:11:58 PM »
Awesome! I loved seeing the BDS liberty that competed in ultimate adventure
Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2014, 02:50:42 AM »
Yea, I watched the build videos the other day and came across a build thread on one of the KJ forums. They definitely transformed it into a beast of a rig, and spent a boatload of money(well someone did). It seemed they went a little skimpy on the axles considering they were running 40 ' s on it. I always enjoy seeing rigs that aren't typically turned into crawlers get built all out like that. Hell, even a Prius with the same mods would be pretty sick. I'd have to say, a KJ wouldn't be at the top of my list when building to go on the UA
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM