BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: August 14th - 17th Harlan, Kentucky : Pictures, Videos, Carnage and Stories  (Read 14224 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Jeep is sitting in the garage covered in KY mud and still full of gear. Will get to it after I cut the grass tonight. Need to pull the rear tire to see what's leaking. I bet brake fluid as the emergency brake would not hold it at all. Front studs will be fixed this week. Gonna clean her all up and repaint some things. I want a mall krawler... //;D//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
 //needpics//
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Jeep is sitting in the garage covered in KY mud and still full of gear. Will get to it after I cut the grass tonight. Need to pull the rear tire to see what's leaking. I bet brake fluid as the emergency brake would not hold it at all. Front studs will be fixed this week. Gonna clean her all up and repaint some things. I want a mall krawler... //;D//
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=13204.0

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
 //LMAO// Doug. After driving Jays JK on a night run at Harlan I will keep my TJ. Ride quality, epic. Power, yeah right  //;D//

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
//LMAO// Doug. After driving Jays JK on a night run at Harlan I will keep my TJ. Ride quality, epic. Power, yeah right  //;D//
Hey! Our 4 doors do fine. If I recall everybody winched at the ledges and Jay did get the farthest in a 4 door
Bobby

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
We waited many times while running trails for you 4 door guys ;) bringing up the rear and you all did great! Jay has come along way with the jeep and abilities. Wish my TJ rode like that jeep. I was told I was hauling ass on the way to and from the jar ha ha. Plush!

Off Grid Post

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Yes you were rolling pretty good. It's all good. It was an awesome long weekend
Bobby

Offline tazstoy

• Visitor
Hey Wes after washing the mud off I see why you where wanting to buy my dinner  //;D// but its all good man its not the first scratches and for sure not the last thats gonna get on it before the repaint. Ben you think they where just over torqued and send me a text or message when I can stop by and grab that mat
Todd, Marie  and son goes by Tim or Timothy

Offline Griffin928

• Visitor
  • 2004 New to me !!
QUESTION.... these pics look amazing and hearing the carnage makes me wonder... would a non locked TJ on wide 33's have survived this park?
Rob
2004 Wrangler X

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Yes you could do this park you just would have to take by passes and play on some of the more mild trails. Most parks we break up into groups with similar rigs and hit the trail suitable for that group.
Bobby

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
QUESTION.... these pics look amazing and hearing the carnage makes me wonder... would a non locked TJ on wide 33's have survived this park?

I say no. Only based on the fact that we would have to drag you over most of the obstacles. You would be VERY limited in trail selection. Based on this last ride I would discourage anyone coming to this park without lockers. I know on this trip I had to hit things with some serious speed and more throttle than I like. But that is my 2 cents. It is a very long haul and for what you could actually do, it would be a disappointing trip.

Todd, not sure. I blame it on that stupid little washer spacer and the wheel already had a slight wobble from not sitting flush since the studs were longer at the press side. I have a new rotor already and will be disassembling it all to have my mech press new studs in. I have the mat so let me know how you want to get it or I can swing it by.

As of now she is unhappy with me. I was extremely lazy when I got home after that haul home.

[attachment deleted by admin - older than 465 days]

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Haha, you love that minivan motor!

Hey! Our 4 doors do fine. If I recall everybody winched at the ledges and Jay did get the farthest in a 4 door

Yes sir, those ledges did claim roughly 1/4th of my tire tread, but worth it. Crazy adrenaline!

We waited many times while running trails for you 4 door guys ;) bringing up the rear and you all did great! Jay has come along way with the jeep and abilities. Wish my TJ rode like that jeep. I was told I was hauling ass on the way to and from the jar ha ha. Plush!

Off Grid Post

Thank you sir! I'm definitely learning more every ride.  After the recent changes, I am having to relearn my jeeps capabilities.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:14:44 PM by Raisinhead »
Jay

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM