BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: nub questions  (Read 244 times)

Offline Hargy

• Visitor
  • Wrangler Rubicon.
nub questions
« on: August 09, 2014, 07:27:30 PM »
Hi all; Once again I am trying to digest all of this new information. I am slowly getting all the required things I need to join you. I still need a CB radio and Tow Strap. As I get closer to doing my virgin run, What are the odds in damaging my rig on a fire road? I am sure you will say "Well that depends" But I am talking about a slow easy ride and not trying anything too crazy. I am trying to learn as much as I can before I go. Thanks in advance for any help here.
The Man The Myth The Legend.
olllllllo

PyratM

Re: nub questions
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 07:41:14 PM »
Pretty much zilch. I guess it does depend on what you are driving though. I  it's newer and moderately reliable, then you should be ok.

Lytles_fjc

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2014, 08:22:04 PM »
You tube it.
Almost all of the trails or fire roads have videos showing what you'll be getting into.
but honestly you should not get any damage unless you over use the skinny pedal.
Danny

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 12:53:27 AM »
:( I thought there were questions about nubs.

Danny is right.
Will

94 seXj

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
nub questions
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2014, 11:32:50 PM »
Get in with a group going to Tray Mtn. You'll be surprised at what your stock jeep is capable of. I have really enjoyed rolling stock because it has led me to learning how and what I want to modify.

Jimbo
Sent from my iPhone using Telepathy
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 11:33:29 PM by Blue J »
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 12:45:48 AM »
Get in with a group going to Tray Mtn. You'll be surprised at what your stock jeep is capable of. I have really enjoyed rolling stock because it has led me to learning how and what I want to modify.

Jimbo
Sent from my iPhone using Telepathy
I agree. I managed to put a stock YJ into a few places stock Jeeps don't belong. With a little thinking and the right line, a stock Jeep can be pretty capable.

Op, there's dirt roads around here worse than most fire roads. You have about as much of a chance for breakage as you do on some pothole filled backroad
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM