BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: What kind of day I have had today  (Read 377 times)

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
What kind of day I have had today
« on: August 25, 2014, 01:51:43 PM »
I saw this story on FB a while ago and thought it was pretty funny. Today I actually got to experience this guys rage.

The language is a little strong, but I feel like it is a funny read.

http://jalopnik.com/5191437/autozone-customer-takes-matters-into-his-own-hands-after-45-minutes-on-hold

I had a similar story to this at O'reilly (usually the best in town and the only place I go to about 2 miles from my house), Advance, Autozone, APC, Napa, and ended up at the dealer who was the most helpful.
Will

94 seXj

Offline mrmike1964

• Visitor
Re: What kind of day I have had today
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2014, 02:02:50 PM »
Been there too!   //:bs//  //:bs//  //:bs//
Mike

Offline Big Dave

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2014, 05:48:38 PM »
Most of the workers at those stores are totally ignorant when it comes to parts. The exception is a few NAPA, Slacks & O'Reilly's. 

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2014, 07:49:15 AM »
I almost always have my part numbers looked up on their system before I ever walk into a parts store. If that refuse to go get the part based on my number and ask what is for I reply with "1921 Duesenberg". They always ask me for the part number I tried to give already after that.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline The_Dealer

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2014, 09:01:15 PM »
I almost always have my part numbers looked up on their system before I ever walk into a parts store. If that refuse to go get the part based on my number and ask what is for I reply with "1921 Duesenberg". They always ask me for the part number I tried to give already after that.
I'm the same way, I have my crap together before I even head down there. In fact, the only reason I even call is to make sure they have it in stock, you can't always trust what their website says. I went to an O'Reilly's once that told me they had a thermostat for my 85 broncoII, it was on the other side of town, and in the friggen ghetto. I get there and she says she looked at their system wrong and it's at another store. Needing to get my junk running, I haul it over there only to find out they don't have it either. Pissed off I go across the street to Advance, and a Hispanic who knew limited  English had no problem going to the back and getting my part. In and out in less than 5 minutes, imagine that. I later found out that he was their Spanish speaking only parts guy for the Hispanic customers.  I ended up complaining to Oreilly's corporate and they sent a gift card. I banned O'Reilly's until they opened a new store a couple miles away from me. The manager lives about a mile from me, and wheels a 77 bronco. He has a good crew, and I'm hoping he keeps them.  It seems like a parts store will get a couple of good parts guys that know their stuff, then next thing you know some idiot has taken their place.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 09:02:30 PM by The_Dealer »
2000 TJ
ATK 4.7 stroker, Bds coils, disco's, 1" bl, 33x10.50 km2, soft 8's, RE LCA's, Skyjacker shocks

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM