BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: People on jeep forum are idiots!  (Read 717 times)

Offline Alex

• Visitor
People on jeep forum are idiots!
« on: March 21, 2008, 11:12:07 PM »
I am sick of seeing these web wheelers tell people to get the same exact things on there jeeps.  They are trying to tell some guy that if you put a 4 inch lift on a jeep that even with e tcase drop you will have vibes. You cannot get rid of them with the drop. They are trying to tell the guy to do a bb or get a re 3.5 lift and SYE with tw driveshaft.  And all the people who are telling the guy this are on bb and not even of 4 inches of lift.  I have 3 inch lift and no SYE and no vibes but i guess i am lying because it cant be done nln 

BigJerm

Re: People on jeep forum are idiots!
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 11:23:35 PM »
same thing happens in the JK section. People want to know max lift before they will need to change drive shafts out and people keep saying anything above 2" both 2dr and 4dr yet I had 2.5" with no issues, several people are at 3" with no issues on a 2dr and 4dr owners are above 4" on stock DS...

Chris Hyde

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 11:35:21 PM »
Alex, you are part of the 2% of folks who do not get vibes from 3"+ of lift.  Most do.

But yes, I agree, JF is the laughing stock of the Jeep community.

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 12:17:39 AM »
Well, the JF ZJ/WJ tech isn't too bad. Not yet like JU or NAGCA but it's starting to get there. MallCrawlin is looking better every day for the Grands.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Daniel

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
MallCrawlin is looking better every day for the Grands.

Well it's beginning to get quite appealing for the Ranger over here.  I mean, 20 minutes or 2 hours.  With gas prices these days, you might have to cruise the parking lot of the M.O.G. to find the ol' Danger Ranger.   ;) 

I AM STRICTLY JOKING!!!

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 01:17:53 AM »
MallCrawlin is looking better every day for the Grands.

Well it's beginning to get quite appealing for the Ranger over here.  I mean, 20 minutes or 2 hours.  With gas prices these days, you might have to cruise the parking lot of the M.O.G. to find the ol' Danger Ranger.   ;) 

I AM STRICTLY JOKING!!!

MallCrawlin is a website for Grands (mainly ZJs and WJs). It has a lot more offroad tech. A lot of guys there are running 35"s+ or have Zjuggys.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 01:56:12 AM »
All the TJs on there are exactly the same. And they love it.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 09:18:37 AM »
I dont even feel like arguing with them anymore.  I love telling them i don't have a sway bar in the front  nln

Chris Hyde

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 09:21:28 AM »
All the TJs on there are exactly the same. And they love it.

I think I came to the conclusion that most TJ's are alike, not just on JF.  ;D

Chris Hyde

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 09:21:58 AM »
I dont even feel like arguing with them anymore.  I love telling them i don't have a sway bar in the front  nln

Oh lord. They eat that up!  ;D

BigJerm

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 09:35:05 AM »

haha and what do they say? The JK folks believe you cant go more than a few miles without it before your rig will tip over.... Im to lazy to put mine back most of the time

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2008, 09:45:50 AM »
They say that it is SO DANGEROUS.  They also tell me i havent been in a situation that made me a believer yet. I tell them that the car in front of me was hit head on causing me to slam on breaks and slid off in the ditch.  The last think i thought about was dang my sway bar is not on here. They then will say that it incident must have been that bad because if it was i would have it on.  Most if not all the people who say this stuff discoed for a mile or 2 and decided that it was to unstable and have come to the forum to say that they almost died with it discoed.  Does having no sway bar make the body sway?  Are you more at rick of dieing?  ???  My locker, broken trase mount made more difference that not having a sway bar.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM