BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Soooo, Jeep got nailed by a fork lift today....  (Read 664 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Soooo, Jeep got nailed by a fork lift today....
« on: March 24, 2008, 08:28:30 PM »
yep... this sucks. Co-worker backed a fork lift into me. Decided to work over spring break so I can have cash to fix the little things wrong with the Jeep and make it up to Tellico next week. This is what happens the first... Damn my Jeep has bad luck lately. Looking for my card reader so I can post the pics. I'll let you guys imagine what she looks like.

:'(
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

Re: Soooo, Jeep got nailed by a fork lift today....
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2008, 08:47:11 PM »
Sucks!  Sorry to hear!  So are you out for Tellico?

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2008, 08:48:39 PM »
one word
 nps
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Chris Hyde

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2008, 08:52:45 PM »
Sling some mud on it and call it trail damage.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2008, 09:10:45 PM »
^ haha, good thinking. Sucks Will, did he happen to break a fuel line fitting when he hit you  ;)
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2008, 09:29:05 PM »
I've been trying not to drive the Jeep much until I get the fuel line fixed that I messed up at River Rock. I have had no luck with trying to get just the fitting that I broke. I've order the whol fuel line from the dealership and it should be here tomorrow.

So I drove the mile to work this morning and my co-worker backed into it with a freakin fork lift. He didn't even realise he hit it. He saw me running and flailing across the parking lot trying to get him to stop. He hit it pretty good. It scooted the Jeep a few feet over the gravel parking lot. It didn't do too much damage but that is only credited to my beast of a rear bumper. Shaved about 3 mm off of it. It first hit the tail light and pushed that into the rear corner witch bent in a good bit and cracked the paint pretty good in 3 places. It flacked off pretty good too. Then it caught the rear bumper and pushed the Jeep a little. I have no doubt that the back of my Jeep would have been toast without that bumper. I mean there was a lot of momentum behind that thing. Nothing looked bad underneath, and frame is fine as far as I can tell. He couldn't have hit me in a better place, but I still got my Jeep hit by a freakin FORK LIFT.

I drove it and everything was as before except about 15 miles and 2 cranks later I got a sound from my rear passenger (opposite side that was hit.) It sounds like it's the rear drum and I think it's unrelated to this incident. It sounds like a "choo choo" when coming to a stop. Sorry, that's what it sounds like  :)  Anybody know how to service these rear drums? Any links or tips would be very appreciated.

Pics aren't very good. It's dark outside.

Oh yeah, those corners are looking mighty fine Alex!  :D

My parents' computer suuuuuuuuuuucks! I'll post the rest of the pics later. It's bitchin at me. I will be at Tellico so long as the fuel line and this new noise from the rear is fixed. Depends on how much that stuff costs me. The fork lift incident isn't gonna cost me the trip. Unless my frame is bent which I doubt, but it's possible. Chicks dig body damage anyways  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2008, 09:31:01 PM »
If you had those corners it wouldn't even be scratched! nln

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 09:39:51 PM »
If you had those corners it wouldn't even be scratched! nln

You know what I have to say to that?

nln

I could buy the panel now and have it painted for pretty much free at the shop. Or I can wait and buy corners this summer. What should I do. I really don't care that much. I'll buy a new tail light tomorrow.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 10:36:02 PM »
Sorry for the luck Will. That sucks, but why are you having to buy the parts?

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 10:37:50 PM »
Ok, when I read "Jeep go nailed by a fork lift," I thought the actual forks pierced the Jeep. But, this is a much better result. But still not good. Just get some corner protectors and you will be good.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 10:55:40 PM »
I see crushers and trailer lights in your future! Its not that bad Will, if it makes you feel better, my luck has been way worse the past few months.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BigJerm

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »
I see an insurance claim with the shop... I wouldnt go any further, even though you work there someone was being careless on a forklift. I use to drive one when I worked at Pike's Nursery in highschool and you had to be on your toes at all times around vehicles.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM