BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Soooo, Jeep got nailed by a fork lift today....  (Read 669 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Soooo, Jeep got nailed by a fork lift today....
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 11:24:38 PM »
Sorry for the luck Will. That sucks, but why are you having to buy the parts?

The guy that hit me is a pretty good friend. He felt so bad and pulled out a wad of cash as soon as we looked at it. I was like, "dude, we work at a body shop, don't worry about it." Plus I was already thinking of buying corner gaurds so I told him to buy me a new light and I'll decide what I want to do. So he gave me twenty bucks and I told him he owes me a six pack. Tomorrow I'm gonna beat the dent out a little, sand the paint and give it some cheap white paint and clear. It'll look fine until I buy corners and I'm not gonna spend three hours trying to make it look perfect when I could just buy a new panel and paint it. And why buy a new panel when I could use that money for corner gaurds that are gonna cover it up? I'll make it look decent and then buy some corner protection. It sucks though. I would buy them this week if I didn't have to fix my fuel line. It'll be good though. I just need to hit some trails to make me feel better.  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2008, 11:27:38 PM »
The guy that hit me is a pretty good friend.

A good enough friend to NOT let him cover repair costs?

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 11:28:00 PM »
I see an insurance claim with the shop... I wouldnt go any further, even though you work there someone was being careless on a forklift. I use to drive one when I worked at Pike's Nursery in highschool and you had to be on your toes at all times around vehicles.

I see him helping me fix it and kissing my ass the rest of the week.  ;D I don't wanna mess up our relationship. I have to work with him all summer too. It was a mistake. A sucky one, but still a mistake. So... I guess I better get on Alex about streching his junk so I can get dem corners.  :D
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2008, 11:33:05 PM »
I guess I better get on Alex about streching his junk

ew.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2008, 11:33:44 PM »
The guy that hit me is a pretty good friend.

A good enough friend to NOT let him cover repair costs?

I'm really not gonna lose any money. I had already told him about the corners I was planning on getting. So he's gonna help me make it look decent and I'm gonna buy some corner gaurds like I was already planning. I really just want my Jeep to run and then I'll worry about the body. It's been pissin me off. I think my track bar bracket was what busted that line. Flexed it up into it.  :(
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2008, 11:36:06 PM »
Don't think you can hit my Jeep with a fork lift and get away with it though  ;D  If it was any worse and I wasn't buying corners anyways I would have busted his balls, but I had an opportunity not to hurt him back so I decided to be a good guy. Once the corners are on I'll be a happy camper and my Jeep will look better anyways.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2008, 11:50:27 PM »
I see an insurance claim with the shop... I wouldnt go any further, even though you work there someone was being careless on a forklift. I use to drive one when I worked at Pike's Nursery in highschool and you had to be on your toes at all times around vehicles.

My cousin owns the business and I wouldn't dare hurt him after everything he's helped me out with. I'd rather spend a night with them fixing it, having a few beers and laughing it off. I'll buy some corners (probably in May) and forget about it. I promise, if you would have seen it your jaws would have dropped. I almost had a heart attack cause I saw it from the front of the Jeep and saw all sorts of crap (what turned out to be the pieces of the tail light) falling off the jeep when he backed off of it. So that's why I don't think it's that big a deal I guess. I was so relieved when I saw it was just the light and corner.  ;)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM