BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Who has been to North Georgia lately?  (Read 3105 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Who has been to North Georgia lately?
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2014, 02:26:58 PM »
From what I hear is illegal!

I'm not sure I understand "illegal" wheeling.  What makes illegal (I have no idea even where it is)?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:32:17 PM by Doug »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »
We don't even want those places mentioned on GATR. :-)

I'll share what I've shared with many newbs:

For a place to be legal to wheel, it has to be an offroad park, a designated public road of some type, your property, or you need written permission in hand.  Just because there are no signs does not mean it is open to the public. 

When it is a road, you must stay on the road, including forest service roads.  The ditches and mud puddles and climbs off to the sides are not the road, so they are illegal wheeling, destructive, and an eyesore to the community. 

Most of what goes on there does not follow "Tread Lightly" rules.  Much of what goes on there is not on the road, but off to the side of the road. 

GATR supports Tread Lightly.  treadlightly.org.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2014, 02:52:28 PM »
We don't even want those places mentioned on GATR. :-)

I'll share what I've shared with many newbs:

For a place to be legal to wheel, it has to be an offroad park, a designated public road of some type, your property, or you need written permission in hand.  Just because there are no signs does not mean it is open to the public. 

When it is a road, you must stay on the road, including forest service roads.  The ditches and mud puddles and climbs off to the sides are not the road, so they are illegal wheeling, destructive, and an eyesore to the community. 

Most of what goes on there does not follow "Tread Lightly" rules.  Much of what goes on there is not on the road, but off to the side of the road. 

GATR supports Tread Lightly.  treadlightly.org.

Gotcha, thanks for the clarification!

Offline Shilo

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2014, 08:18:58 PM »

Sorry for putting the name out there. I may have a low post count but I am not a newb. This place is still a bit of an anomaly to your post due to it having Rd in its' name. Regardless I don't trespass and I went ahead and removed that whole sentence from my post.
Craig

Red YJ/35"KM2/8.8/ARB/Weak CB/Useless Jack Russel

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 08:31:15 PM »

Sorry for putting the name out there. I may have a low post count but I am not a newb. This place is still a bit of an anomaly to your post due to it having Rd in its' name. Regardless I don't trespass and I went ahead and removed that whole sentence from my post.
Thank you.

Many places are named by the closest road and are "off of" said road but are not that road.

56powerwagon

« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2014, 08:59:24 PM »
I will be in Hayesville, NC from wed before thanksgiving to the sunday after and will have my rig with me. Prob driving around town (only civilian power wagon in the area) so stop me if you see me. I will prob ride tellico durhamtown friday and/or saturday. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM