BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Who has a Sirius or XM subscription?  (Read 789 times)

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Who has a Sirius or XM subscription?
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2014, 05:04:37 PM »

I would pay for a subscription if I could get it on two vehicle radios for 5 bucks a month, total. What is lowest rate going these days?

- Torg

I would do this too.

I am even willing to pay the 60 or so every 6 months of it would apply to two vehicles...but it won't as far as I have known.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2014, 05:16:40 PM »
It does if you get the portable receiver and docks and move between cars, home, boat, etc.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »
Listened to Pandora on the way home today.  I need to Google the interwebz to figure out how much bandwidth per hour it uses.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2014, 06:20:31 PM »
The interwebz says:

http://www.bandwidthplace.com/what-are-the-bandwidth-specifications-for-pandora-spotify-itunes-radio-and-beats-music-article/

Pandora and Spotify
One hour is about 72 MB of bandwidth usage (15 hours would then equal out to 2 GB). On mobile, if you use a sizable bandwidth cap, you should be able to easily use a 64 Kbps HE-AAC–encoded stream setting. For both mobile and desktop, make sure you’re getting at least 1–2 Mbps download speeds on your device. Use an Internet speed test to determine this.

iTunes Radio
One song is about 4–11 MB, so with a 1 GB data cap, you will get approximately between 100 and 256 songs per 1 GB. On mobile, you will want to use a higher stream setting for iTunes Radio. Also, for both mobile and desktop, make sure you’re getting at least 1–2 Mbps download speeds

Beats Music
Whoa! Supposedly there are no data charges, but then you’re paying $14.99 a month anyway — on top of your data usage — and you have to be on an AT&T phone plan. Beats Music is also super-high-quality audio, so you will want to stream at the highest setting. Plus, you need to make sure you have better than adequate bandwidth speeds running. More like 5 Mbps download, for sure. You’re paying for this, so you better make sure your streaming is at the next level.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2014, 06:38:58 PM »
How can there be no data charge for beats if you are mobile and not on wifi?  ATT gives it for free?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2014, 06:40:17 PM by Doug »

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2014, 06:52:32 PM »
How can there be no data charge for beats if you are mobile and not on wifi?  ATT gives it for free?

They give Beats for free.  Either T-Mobile or Sprint give all music streaming for free.

Online tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2014, 07:01:06 PM »

It does if you get the portable receiver and docks and move between cars, home, boat, etc.

I had that in a car a few years ago. Never did take it out and use it anywhere else. Too much of a pain

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2014, 10:56:42 PM »
I agree about the talk show BS. Seems all the channels have some degree of that    1st Wave is always telling me about some basketball game or some other crap. Typically I just Punch the buttons till I hear something I like.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 08:17:28 AM »

I had that in a car a few years ago. Never did take it out and use it anywhere else. Too much of a pain
I won one of those at Morris Mt a couple years ago. I used to move from the XJ/LJ/Truck. When I got the Tahoe I just transferred the subscription to the factory Tahoe radio. We have xm in the Lexus too.
I am going to start streaming Pandora in both the XJ and LJ.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM