BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: May be getting into something more trail friendly  (Read 1728 times)

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
Re: May be getting into something more trail friendly
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2014, 12:46:00 PM »
sounds like you've already decided that your going to get an FJ. If not this one then perhaps another. I ran into limitations with mods when I owned the Ridgeline. As far as different I hear Ford is reintroducing the Bronco  http://www.leblogauto.com/2013/12/troller-t4-2014.html/troller-1

although to me it looks like a jeep.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

PyratM

« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2014, 12:57:19 PM »
Yeah, I've already to committed to the guy to buy pending the Jeep sale. There are cheaper ways to go, and most likely more capable, but something about it is just calling my name.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
May be getting into something more trail friendly
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »
Just don't get a Land Rover.

9 minutes and he never did. Make it over

« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 09:08:19 PM by tcdawg »

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2014, 09:19:01 AM »
Lol too funny
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Lytles_fjc

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2014, 11:20:18 AM »
First off, hell yeah, another FJ! Secondly, Danny and I have read about and watched videos of the "crackrock" rig for a few years now and it has ran some pretty gnarly trails and kicked a$$ at it. Thirdly, the leave it at the mall comment, I've seen some pretty shiny jeeps with bling rocking the mall crawler scene so don't even go there. No one has had a legitimate reason he shouldn't get it, just nitpicking at it. Fj's are capable and there are parts for them every where.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2014, 11:54:53 AM »
Morgan, the ifs potential issues and cost of body damage repair concerns are real.  That isn't nitpicking. 

I just wish it was an FJ 40.

It appears that for his level of desired wheeling, the modern fj will work. Now I want to see it in action!

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Jango

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: December 07, 2014, 08:28:55 PM »
You could buy the old FJ at Allsouth (if its still available) and build that and that would different and extremely cool! The FJ you chose is sweet looking though.  //SLAMIN//
-Connor (Jango... the D is silent and invisible)

Offline OscarMike2.0

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2014, 01:01:45 AM »
You could buy the old FJ at Allsouth (if its still available) and build that and that would different and extremely cool! The FJ you chose is sweet looking though.  //SLAMIN//
Yeah I recall there was a pretty sweet white fj for sale at allsouth for I think 9,000 and you could build that if its still there
-Will   

They hate us cause the anus

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2014, 07:21:07 AM »

Yeah I recall there was a pretty sweet white fj for sale at allsouth for I think 9,000 and you could build that if its still there

It's gone.
Jay

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: December 08, 2014, 07:30:16 AM »
First off, hell yeah, another FJ! Secondly, Danny and I have read about and watched videos of the "crackrock" rig for a few years now and it has ran some pretty gnarly trails and kicked a$$ at it. Thirdly, the leave it at the mall comment, I've seen some pretty shiny jeeps with bling rocking the mall crawler scene so don't even go there. No one has had a legitimate reason he shouldn't get it, just nitpicking at it. Fj's are capable and there are parts for them every where.

A used Rubicon (pick any year) with a 3.5" lift and 35's would 'most likely' leave that FJ in the dust.  I could be wrong, it actually happened once.  The point that people are making isn't that the FJ is bad, it's just not a platform that lends itself to easy modifications for more difficult trails.  And when you break it, which it will break, it's going to cost you a hellava lot more to fix. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 11:22:07 AM by BigMike »

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #34 on: December 08, 2014, 08:08:56 AM »
Looking for the right emoticon, can't find one?
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2014, 08:44:38 AM »
Just don't get a Land Rover.

9 minutes and he never did. Make it over

http://youtu.be/w-g7Qswr_ho

My wife has had two LR3's - her favorite vehicle she has ever owned.  Just wouldn't own one out of warranty and it definitely wouldn't leave the street.

There was one feature on the selectable 4WD system that I wish they would incorporate into the Wrangler.  It had a Rock Crawling mode (yeah, I know) that change the rate of the accelerator pedal.  It would take a 1/2" of travel in RC mode to equate to 1/4" of travel in normal mode.  The idea is that you can ease the throttle better.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM