BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• GATR Ride (2)- Tellico: June 28, 2008

Author Topic: June 28 Check In: Tellico  (Read 4691 times)

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
Re: June 28 Check In: Tellico
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2008, 08:34:44 AM »
13. Michelle

14. Travis

15. Brandon

16. Fernando

4 xj's :)
« Last Edit: June 04, 2008, 11:51:45 AM by Chris »
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

06trailrig

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 09:46:31 PM »
17. Derrick

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2008, 04:33:52 PM »
I just realized I didnt sign up. HOW DARE I!

18. Matt
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

47knucklehead

« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2008, 10:33:43 PM »
 Hey There,
  Just caught your club on the web. I would be interested in going on the Tellico this weekend. If someone can send me directions to the place and time to be there I will be there. I assume I need to have 3 days of food. Is there a store or resturant near?  Send me some info
  Mark D
  Snellville, Ga.

47ohv@comcast.net

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2008, 10:58:24 PM »
Hey There,
  Just caught your club on the web. I would be interested in going on the Tellico this weekend. If someone can send me directions to the place and time to be there I will be there. I assume I need to have 3 days of food. Is there a store or resturant near?  Send me some info
  Mark D
  Snellville, Ga.

47ohv@comcast.net

Hey Knucklehead!  (love the name)  Check out our minimum vehicle requirements,
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=1304.0
and tell us about your rig.  Tellico is quite demanding!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:01:25 PM by Doug »

ranger11

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2008, 12:16:35 AM »
Check his profile sounds pretty stout. ;D

47knucklehead

« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2008, 09:34:16 AM »

Just bought the Jeep last weekend. Been  looking for one almost 2 years. never ran across the right jeep for the right price till this one happen along.  This one was only 5 miles from the house  ;D ;D ;D. The guy I bought her from is moving to Calif and had to sell his jeep. I went over and looked and she was pretty much what I have been looking for. Came to a price and closed the deal. Its been a long time since I have been trail riding. Have alot to learn. Know how to work on my jeep though, been wrenching all my life.  All I need is a CB and reah hooks to have the jeep up to your requirements for trail riding. How long of a tow strap and where is the best place to get it, Northern? Have towing chains,  Also I have the hooks to install on the rear. Could have her ready in a day. If some one can ping me off the forum and we could exchange phone #s or just keep all the info on the list. Someone live near Snellville I could follow.

Year:     1985
Make:    Jeep
Model:    CJ7
Engine:    258
Modifications:    Currie 9" Ford axle w/ 35 spline axle shafts. Detroit locker rear diff, and true track front differential, 4:11 axle gears, 4 Wheel disc brakes, Twin stick transfer case, 16" alloy wheels w/ Nitto all terrain tires. Holley Projection fuel injection, 2.5" suspension lift. 1" body lift. Rancho RS 9000 shocks and steering stabilizer, Tomken rear U-Bolt skid plates and front/rear shalcke mounts.
Hey There,
  Mark D
  Snellville, Ga.

47ohv@comcast.net

Offline yellowxj

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2008, 11:48:22 AM »
If you cant find a strap before the ride I've got some at the shop.  3" x 30' for $40
I hope I get to trail ride this year.

RotorHead

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2008, 01:29:21 PM »

Just bought the Jeep last weekend. Been  looking for one almost 2 years. never ran across the right jeep for the right price till this one happen along.  This one was only 5 miles from the house  ;D ;D ;D. The guy I bought her from is moving to Calif and had to sell his jeep. I went over and looked and she was pretty much what I have been looking for. Came to a price and closed the deal. Its been a long time since I have been trail riding. Have alot to learn. Know how to work on my jeep though, been wrenching all my life.  All I need is a CB and reah hooks to have the jeep up to your requirements for trail riding. How long of a tow strap and where is the best place to get it, Northern? Have towing chains,  Also I have the hooks to install on the rear. Could have her ready in a day. If some one can ping me off the forum and we could exchange phone #s or just keep all the info on the list. Someone live near Snellville I could follow.

Year:     1985
Make:    Jeep
Model:    CJ7
Engine:    258
Modifications:    Currie 9" Ford axle w/ 35 spline axle shafts. Detroit locker rear diff, and true track front differential, 4:11 axle gears, 4 Wheel disc brakes, Twin stick transfer case, 16" alloy wheels w/ Nitto all terrain tires. Holley Projection fuel injection, 2.5" suspension lift. 1" body lift. Rancho RS 9000 shocks and steering stabilizer, Tomken rear U-Bolt skid plates and front/rear shalcke mounts.
Hey There,
  Mark D
  Snellville, Ga.

47ohv@comcast.net

I'll be leaving out from Loganville Friday morning if you want to tag along. The plan is to meet a couple more people along the way. As far as the tow strap goes, it doesn't matter if it's 20' or 30', but make sure you get one without any metal hooks on it. No chains either. Chains can be used for some stuff but not as a tow strap. They're way too dangerous.

If you have a tow receiver on your Jeep, the receiver mounted tow hook or "D" ring is a good option. Make sure you have something on the front also. If you don't have a fire extinguisher yet, you can get one at home depot for less than $20.

I'm just down the road from you if you need a hand with anything.

Mike

47knucklehead

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2008, 10:04:14 PM »

What is the weight load on them?
  mark D

quote author=yellowxj link=topic=1378.msg28008#msg28008 date=1214236102]
If you cant find a strap before the ride I've got some at the shop.  3" x 30' for $40
[/quote]

47knucklehead

« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2008, 10:12:34 PM »
  Sounds like a plan to me. Looking to get the job I am on done by tomorrow. Things I need are... tow strap, recovery hooks (D rings) and Install. CB and install. Replace headlite switch, and pack up.
   Where is the best place to get the D ring recovery hooks? 
  Mark D.

I'll be leaving out from Loganville Friday morning if you want to tag along. The plan is to meet a couple more people along the way. As far as the tow strap goes, it doesn't matter if it's 20' or 30', but make sure you get one without any metal hooks on it. No chains either. Chains can be used for some stuff but not as a tow strap. They're way too dangerous.

If you have a tow receiver on your Jeep, the receiver mounted tow hook or "D" ring is a good option. Make sure you have something on the front also. If you don't have a fire extinguisher yet, you can get one at home depot for less than $20.

I'm just down the road from you if you need a hand with anything.

Mike
[/quote]

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2008, 10:22:31 PM »
I have a 2" receiver style I can take to Tellico for you for $25 if you have a 2" receiver.
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php?topic=1703.0
Tractor Supply usually has some shackles/ Winder.  Also the rigging/sling shops around town, like Ashley Sling.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM