BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico GATR Ride June 28 Discussion  (Read 7853 times)

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Tellico GATR Ride June 28 Discussion
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2008, 10:36:29 AM »
You can't reserve a spot?
I've grown tired of this.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2008, 10:38:35 AM »
You can't reserve a spot?

No, not at Stateline.  Worse case scenario, I will camp on trail 8.

BigJerm

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2008, 10:52:08 AM »
Stateline sites are $20 per night and are first come first serve.  I may go up on Thursday night just to be safe.

Hell chris if your there thursday night ill be there friday by noon or possibly thursday night! That we will for sure have 2 sites reserved (assuming enough people plan to camp that we need to for sure get 2). If I am going to take a day from work I want to get the max riding in I can. Not sure if Ill camp both friday and Saturday night... I am a cell phone addict, cant live without it too long  :hlp Maybe ill hang out on Helicopter awhile to have service so I can talk to the female.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2008, 11:10:40 AM »
Stateline sites are $20 per night and are first come first serve.  I may go up on Thursday night just to be safe.

Hell chris if your there thursday night ill be there friday by noon or possibly thursday night! That we will for sure have 2 sites reserved (assuming enough people plan to camp that we need to for sure get 2). If I am going to take a day from work I want to get the max riding in I can. Not sure if Ill camp both friday and Saturday night... I am a cell phone addict, cant live without it too long  :hlp Maybe ill hang out on Helicopter awhile to have service so I can talk to the female.

Do your calls connect on Helipad?  I always get a signal, but it never connects.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2008, 11:12:20 AM »
I plan on staying there fri - sat night. If worse case scenario happens then I will be at Crawfords. I know he will have spots. Cell phone addict huh? I hate all phones!
I've grown tired of this.

BigJerm

« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2008, 11:14:55 AM »
well ive never actually been up there so I dont know. THey connected no problems though where T4 connects with the trail to GuardRail and Helipad where our second meeting spot was last year.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2008, 11:42:52 AM »
I am totally down for staying at State line. Right next to the river. Right next to the trails. Trail 1 KILLED my gas last trip. It's really not that short a drive from Crawford's to the trails either. Looking forward to staying at Stateline. I'll camp wherever also. Doesn't matter to me. I'd rather not make that drive from Crawford's a couple times a day.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2008, 04:30:29 PM »
From the following forum:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8029853

Stateline is nice. The access Rd is tight in my motorhome. My rig is not street legal and hauling up each day in the motorhome is not an option. (from crawfords)
The TN rangers are bad news. Last year we got $125 each tickets for drinking a cold beer while cooking a steak. This was ridiculous!
Bring solo cups and keep cans out of site. When the ranger pulls up solo cups go into the fire.
To the point. Last year we went through GA and it was a long and tiring drive on two lanes to stateline. When we came back home we turned right at the hardess and went to the interstate. About 6 hrs from Hardess to Columbia, SC. All interstate, I will pull a map and go this way for sure next time.

RotorHead

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2008, 06:50:28 PM »
I'm going to try and go up Thursday night and get us some space. It would help if somebody else was going so we can make sure to get two spots.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2008, 06:56:33 PM »
I'll see if I can head up Thursday. Shouldn't be too much of a problem. I think Chris talked about that also.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2008, 08:20:27 PM »
Yep, more than likely Thursday night.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2008, 08:52:35 PM »
Is there a website for the State Line Campground? 
How do you check in after hours?

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM