BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico GATR Ride June 28 Discussion  (Read 7848 times)

Chris Hyde

Re: Tellico GATR Ride June 28 Discussion
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2008, 08:59:34 PM »
Basically Doug, they are state implemented camp sites with tent pits, fire pits and picnic tables along River Road leading into Tellico ORV.  They are very nice, but there is no website and they are first come, first serve.  I have never not been able to get a site unless it was at Dixie Run, which is the biggest event Tellico hosts.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2008, 09:19:59 PM »
Guys, would anyone be interested in doing another Ocoee White Water Rafting trip on Friday morning to get the Tellico weekend started like we did last year?  Man, that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun.

RotorHead

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2008, 09:34:05 PM »
Don't forget the spots are huge also. You could easily put about 10 tents on one.

RotorHead

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2008, 09:35:42 PM »
Guys, would anyone be interested in doing another Ocoee White Water Rafting trip on Friday morning to get the Tellico weekend started like we did last year?  Man, that was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fun.

I would love to, but I would rather do it on another trip. I want all Tellico this time. I gotsta have me some Tellico, ya know.  :P

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2008, 11:22:30 PM »
I would love to go white-water rafting again seeing that I missed out last time. Let me get my class schedule for June and then I will see if I can skip that Friday and go.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2008, 08:51:38 AM »
Ok.. So this is WAY in advance but who thinks they probably ride up early friday (like noon or 1)? I am thinking seriously off taking off friday the 27th of June that way I can sleep in a little, pack up the Jeep, meet up with whoever and be at Stateline (assuming we plan to stay there) by like 3 on friday. Gives me plenty of time to unpack and maybe go ride a little before everyone else gets there and we hit up a good night ride.

Sleep in?????   ???   when you could be wheelin?

BigJerm

« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2008, 10:36:16 AM »
well given the night ride we went on a yr ago there I need a good nights sleep the night before!

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #55 on: April 14, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
I am definitely going to take at least a half day on Friday to get up there well before dark to get setup.  Thursday is probably not an option for me.

Yeah I was pretty much a total newb last year.  It was an unforgettable experience though! That sway bar ordeal had me a little scared there for a minute. 
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Daniel

« Reply #56 on: April 14, 2008, 05:12:16 PM »
That sway bar ordeal had me a little scared there for a minute. 

Yeah, that whole sway bar fiasco I could definitely have done without.  Our riding trails at night, can't see what I'm hitting, pounding headache.. it was awesome.  As soon as we stopped to fix the sway bar, I was out in the driver's seat.  I took me a nice little nap.  But, it was all part of the fun. 

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM