BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico head count for camping...  (Read 4160 times)

Offline Ben H.

• Visitor
Re: Tellico head count for camping...
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2008, 04:50:14 PM »
Usually Yukon are rebranded gears from Spicer.
1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ V8

Chris Hyde

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2008, 05:26:25 PM »
What times the night ride?

After the potluck dinner at Crawfords.  Probably 8'ish.

RotorHead

« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2008, 07:39:29 PM »
I just drove over and talked to the guys at CCOR about doing my gears. $250 per axle. Works with me.  {toast}
Now I just have to wait for somebody to release 5.38 gears. They like to use Yukon gears. How do these stack up with Supperior and Alloy USA?

Jason said he was plannig on coming up Friday afternoon and hopes to do a night ride Friday night.

A lot of people have bashed Yukon because they aren't as popular, but they have no experience with them. The ones I looked at for a TJ had just a good a warranty as Alloy USA and Superior. I have not seen any evidence to say that Superior or Alloy USA are better.

Does that include the gears and install?  ???

I wish. Nope, just labor so I can get whatever gear I want.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2008, 07:44:07 PM »
I just drove over and talked to the guys at CCOR about doing my gears. $250 per axle. Works with me.  {toast}
Now I just have to wait for somebody to release 5.38 gears. They like to use Yukon gears. How do these stack up with Supperior and Alloy USA?

Jason said he was plannig on coming up Friday afternoon and hopes to do a night ride Friday night.

A lot of people have bashed Yukon because they aren't as popular, but they have no experience with them. The ones I looked at for a TJ had just a good a warranty as Alloy USA and Superior. I have not seen any evidence to say that Superior or Alloy USA are better.

Does that include the gears and install?  ???

I wish. Nope, just labor so I can get whatever gear I want.

Sounds good man. So no company has those gears out yet? I would price the major companies and see what they charge and if you could save a little money through Classic City and go with Yukons, I wouldn't hesitate to do that.

Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »
Superior and alooy are basically the same. I use superior just because that is the axles I run. Price is a little more than others. The guys at CCOR know their stuff. I think Jason and some others are staying Friday night and riding thru sunday.
I've grown tired of this.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2008, 10:02:51 PM »
We'll be there in cabin 1 Friday night, have to leave saturday.

Hey Rotorhead, look forward to meeting you, ever heard of Off Road Atlanta?  He's down near Hartsfield, been around 20+ years, and is the best deal anywhere for 4wd work.  You can bring your own parts, and he charges a straight shop rate for the labor.  Give Walter a call if you want some axles set up, a lift, or ?.

RotorHead

« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2008, 08:13:49 AM »
We'll be there in cabin 1 Friday night, have to leave saturday.

Hey Rotorhead, look forward to meeting you, ever heard of Off Road Atlanta?  He's down near Hartsfield, been around 20+ years, and is the best deal anywhere for 4wd work.  You can bring your own parts, and he charges a straight shop rate for the labor.  Give Walter a call if you want some axles set up, a lift, or ?.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008, 10:57:21 AM »
Off Road Atlanta
East Point, GA
Walter
404-768-9507

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2008, 11:46:37 AM »

I used Yukon gears in my 99 Z28. My Z28 was making 472 RWHP(thats what the chassis dyno reported) on the motor. I had hundreds of launches at 4500 to 6400 rpms on slicks with no trouble with the gears. I daily drove the car and road raced and autox it every chance I got.

I miss my Z28.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

ranger11

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2008, 06:09:54 PM »
I have yukon gears in the ranger well front any way. no problems yet.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM