BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: JANUARY 17 2015 - N. GEORGIA FOREST SERVICE RIDE AND DINNER CHECK - IN  (Read 8332 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: JANUARY 17 2015 - N. GEORGIA FOREST SERVICE RIDE AND DINNER CHECK - IN
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2015, 08:18:22 PM »
Big respect to Doug and the captains.  I'm fencing with myself the idea of trading my taco in for a jeep.  I'm torn between my love of toyota and the kickass of jeep.  As Wayne and Garth once said, "We're not worthy."    /cheers

tom
Before you do,  start a thread here asking for advice!

Lytles_fjc

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2015, 08:21:20 PM »
Big respect to Doug and the captains.  I'm fencing with myself the idea of trading my taco in for a jeep.  I'm torn between my love of toyota and the kickass of jeep.  As Wayne and Garth once said, "We're not worthy."    /cheers

tom

There is always the FJ
Danny

Offline slowbox

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 07:25:53 PM »
I've realized I have a romance with my tacoma (Tacomance?)... I can't give her up on trade for a proper Jeep.  Irrationally perhaps this little truck has been a vehicle I've wanted since they appeared when i was a kid some 20 years ago, and just able to afford past year.  My previous '96 dodge was also in many respects a part of my family for a long time, rode til the wheels were worth more than the vehicle itself before I sold it.  Figure I'll do the same again.

I'm going to stretch my DD for now.  Weld/repair/tire shop on hwy 124 is going to hook me up with some bigger (lightly used) trail tires for a hundred bucks on part trade this weekend, that'l be nice. 

The old man emu kits look like a great objective for my 2015 upgrade.  Just had to drop about 10k in hospital bills for wife's emergency birth so..... yeah, stuff!

Link to suspension kit i've been eyeballing for a year now... Friggin Aussies have done some homework:
http://www.oldmanemu.com.au/old-man-emu-suspension-selector/

Thanks again for ride, since I can't crawl or anything I've been missing the awesome of GATR since last Jan's ride.  But I do greatly appreciate the planning, company I met, and support.   I'll stop rambling now.

Cheers
Tom
BLUE TACO: Tom | Ticia | Joanna (6 yr old)
2014 Tacoma TRD Offroad | General Noob

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 10:56:18 PM »
I get it...once you have a truck it is hard to go without one.  I'd put a couple of grand into an XJ beater before dumping a bunch of money into a dd truck, if I wanted to go where GATR normally goes.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline slowbox

• Visitor
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 05:51:43 PM »
I get it...once you have a truck it is hard to go without one.  I'd put a couple of grand into an XJ beater before dumping a bunch of money into a dd truck, if I wanted to go where GATR normally goes.

- Torg

Roger that, and it echo's what everyone who knows says.  With 0 space for an extra vehicle (maybe a dirtbike, christ my wife would throttle my neck still tho) I got no place to park another vehicle.  I do get a bit of offroad junkie fix drooling over half the threads on the forum and seeing who comes to the forest service rides..... and drool is cheap.

Tom
BLUE TACO: Tom | Ticia | Joanna (6 yr old)
2014 Tacoma TRD Offroad | General Noob

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM