BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Trussed JK Front Axle busted 3.6 Oil Pan  (Read 487 times)

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
Re: Trussed JK Front Axle busted 3.6 Oil Pan
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 08:30:21 AM »
Flexing may miss it.  Most likely to hit when both fronts hit and compress at the same time.

The 2" is over stock bump stops if you just add a truss with no other suspension changes.  .

If you lift and install tall tires, they may hit before before the axle, but ideally you want the bump stops to prevent tires and anything from hitting.  Every lift and tire install should include new bump stop chrck and adjustment as necessary. 

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 02:32:57 PM »
I guess I don't understand this thread.  Are you saying that installing an Artec truss will require more bump stop creating less up-travel?

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 02:47:03 PM »
I guess I don't understand this thread.  Are you saying that installing an Artec truss will require more bump stop creating less up-travel?

I interpret this thread to state that with the 3.6L engine, any front axle truss should be checked to make sure it does not interfere/interact/interface with the oil pan, especially under full suspension and bumpstop compression.  If the truss will touch the oil pan (or anything else), you should bump stop sufficiently to ensure it does not do so. 
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2014, 03:02:23 PM »
Can always build a smaller truss.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM