BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Looking to keep my wife sane!  (Read 246 times)

Offline yjgrillin

• Visitor
Looking to keep my wife sane!
« on: December 31, 2014, 01:29:12 PM »
My wife and I moved here from Phoenix, Az about 3 years ago. She left her entire life behind to start new after 30 years. I'm here for a strange request, while we do own a YJ (it's currently in the garage with a blown axle), I'm looking for a way to create relationships with like minded people. Nothing weird, I'm just looking to build friendships for her. We're late 20's and early 30's, have a 3 year old daughter and are somewhat lost on how to make new friends. Everyone we work with is at a different point in their life, usually younger, single, and still out partying. I'm open to replies and won't feel upset about not getting any. I'll be honest and say I'm apprehensive about posting this, just figured it was a way to get something started.

Paul Roseberry

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Looking to keep my wife sane!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2014, 01:38:18 PM »
Start liking SEC football! 
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:43 PM »
There are several social clubs in Atlanta that serve various age and relationship groups.  I haven't joined any because I'm not a people person, but I know someone who is into that kind of thing and has found the social clubs useful since moving here from D.C.  She is young and semi-single, but in learning about her involvement I learned they have other groups that gather.  GATR doesn't do much outside of the trail (although there are several friendships within the club), and it has a male to female ratio that is likely 99:1.

Church is usually a good place to find friends, but don't let them brainwash you! 

Good luck.  Welcome to Atlanta and GATR.

Btw, there are several things you can do as a family in the Atlanta area until you get a good group of friends.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 02:00:48 PM »
I would say this club will be fun, try the January forest service ride, but we mostly see each other every few months.  I would also suggest that you guys join some sports league like kids soccer or a local group for kids to play or a church and start meeting people in your community.  It took my family about a year to make just a few friends that stuck but after going out a lot for things we have met tons of people and some are becoming close friends.  My wife had only lived in Covington before we moved to suwanee.  Kids activities helped her meet like minded people over time.  People with kids are usually very busy but really need to have friends to let their kids play with and play sports and stuff.
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 02:03:28 PM »
What part of town do you reside?

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline yjgrillin

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2015, 12:16:49 AM »
I appreciate the replies. We're in Acworth, I've actually taken a look into some of the social groups, the seem to focus more on singles, the others I've seen weren't exactly our thing. I figured it was a long shot on here, at least not without a running and driving Jeep. If I had the extra cash, I'd be out every other weekend in it. We're planning on getting her into some programs... of some sort. I thought it'd be a good place to start. GATR seemed like a family friendly place, if anyone sees this and wants to grab a beer and chat, let me know. Oh, and if anyone has a Toy 8'' laying around (later model) that'd be great to, I'm currently playing with the idea of swapping it into my YJ.
Paul Roseberry

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM