CLASSIFIEDS > Wanted

Adjustable rear track bar

(1/3) > >>

Will:
Need dee adjustable rear track bar for me TJ. Bracket be too high causin' all dem prolems.  :)

Krawler00:
You are using the 3" full traction lift right? I wonder why you are having problems. Was this damaged?

Will:

--- Quote from: Krawler00 on April 02, 2008, 12:29:21 PM ---You are using the 3" full traction lift right? I wonder why you are having problems. Was this damaged?

--- End quote ---

Well it uses a relocation bracket which raises the trackbar like 6 inches on the driver's side. The main problem is it has been destroying everything above it when I flex out. And that was with the given bump stops. It trashed the sending unit wires and that fuel line that I have had problems with. So I was going to add some more washers above the aluminum bumpstop and I stripped the internal threads on the jeep  :-\ So I have lost about 3 inches of bumpstop but that's not biggie right now. I'll have a permanent fix this summer. For this weekend I'm making a contraption of hockey pucks for my bumpstops and making sure this bracket won't hit my fuel lines again.

The bracket also moves a little bit. No big deal at the moment, but I would rather it not do that. The bar will contact my gas tank skid when both rear springs are compressed, like going over speed bumps.

If I had an adjustable track bar it wouldn't contact the skid, wouldn't move around (probably help with handling) and it wouldn't rape my break lines. So I want one.

I called Oconee offroad to see if they had any or could get one by tomorrow night and they said no way, so I may call him next week when I get back.

Alex:
Just link the rear uppers and say screw the rear trackbar nln

Will:

--- Quote from: alex71 on April 02, 2008, 05:18:27 PM ---Just link the rear uppers and say screw the rear trackbar nln

--- End quote ---

That's not a bad idea. I need to make some for when I do my SYE this summer anyways.

Edit: added some bumpstop for this weekend so it doesn't kill my fuel lines again.  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version