BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Wife's Grand Cherokee wrecked  (Read 255 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Wife's Grand Cherokee wrecked
« on: January 05, 2015, 02:53:24 PM »
A guy hit my wife's '11 Grand Cherokee on 12/17.  She was going to a work function with 2 people in the Jeep down near Little 5 points on Mooreland.  She was in the left lane and traffic was back up behind her for over a 1/4 mile.  She went to move into the turn lane to turn left about 50 feet ahead.  A guy in a Ford Fusion hit her in the left front wheel/fender.  His car ended up about 200 feet past the street she was going to turn left on.  She got charged with illegal left turn.  She said "one cop Latin, one cop Asian, driver Mexican".  The guy told the cops he was in the turn lane to turn left at the next street - same as my wife.  The problem with that BS is that there is no way he could have done that much damage and ended up so far past the street if one, he was taking the next left and two, wasn't speeding down the turn lane.  We plan to go down there this weekend to take pictures for her court date next Monday the 12th.  Basically this guy was speeding down the turn lane trying to bypass all of the traffic.

Her car had to be towed and I'm having the work done at Performance Auto Collision in Alpharetta.  I've had work done there before and they do top notch work and specialize in premium brands (not that Jeep is a premium brand).

The estimate which Performance and Travelers came to agreement on is $8400.  New fender, bumper, headlight assy, radiator, wheel, tie rod, steering knuckle, gear set (still don't have an answer on WTF that is), a few other parts, paint, labor, etc.  You look at the pictures and tell me if someone could do that much damage if they were ready to turn in 50 feet.  *Note, the right wheel is straight and the one that was hit is bent in.

« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 03:09:06 PM by BigMike »

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Wife's Grand Cherokee wrecked
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:50:42 PM »
I am always amazed at the cost of auto body repair.  yes, Jeep is a premium brand!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:14:36 PM »
That's $8000 worth of damage?  Damn, I'm in the wrong business!
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2015, 05:35:06 PM »
Nothing to contribute, but I'd like to know the result after you make a case in court  //popcorn//

Online Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2015, 05:49:34 PM »
I pulled out in front of somebody once, from a dead stop. ( never say them)They were doing "45" T boned a full size work van, totaled both vehicles, two in other car went to hospital. (They are ok now). I was just given a ticket for " failure to yeild". Payed $140 fine.
  Weird how tickets are written up.
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2015, 06:12:00 PM »
Good luck in court Mike. It probably won't be easy but hopefully it will work out for you.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 06:18:11 PM »
Thanks,

I know it's an uphill battle in court but I'm trying to get a no fault and prove the other guy was speeding in turn lane without any intention of turning.  There was a crest behind my wife which is why she didn't see him.

I wish they would have totalled it.  We'll probably sell it this Fall when 2 new 2016's come out.  Lexus RX350 and Cadillac SRX.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM