BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: 87 4.0 Cherokee  (Read 437 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: 87 4.0 Cherokee
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2015, 06:52:40 PM »
There are motor mount brackets and bell housing adapters, but unless you're doing an LS series I wouldn't. If the 4.slow is strong I certainly wouldn't replace it with a carb'd 350.
Agree. Wouldn't stroke a 4.0 because a good stroker build will be more than a 5.3.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline lt99ls1

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2015, 08:01:05 AM »
There are motor mount brackets and bell housing adapters, but unless you're doing an LS series I wouldn't. If the 4.slow is strong I certainly wouldn't replace it with a carb'd 350.
Agree. Wouldn't stroke a 4.0 because a good stroker build will be more than a 5.3.
It's all the stuff that you have to buy or change to put that 5.3 in that makes a stroker cheaper.
Larry

05 LJ
20 BabyMax

Offline Cannonballkev

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2015, 05:58:12 PM »
Ok, this wiring under the dash is a mess!  There is no power to the fuse box, which explains why I have no blinkers, brake lights , tail lights, parking lights, dome lights, wipers, blower, radio, dash lights, gauges.  I think that's it.
  Somewhere ing the line someone broke the ignition cylinder, to start it you put a screwdriver in a slot and slide it to the right, this turns the ignition on, then a push button start  had been " installed". It starts up fine.
  Furs box had been unscrewed from firewall,  where do I look to find what's feeding fuse box? 
I'll post pics of the mess. 
Get dirty, or get off the trail!

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM