BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: FEB 6TH - 7TH: CHOCCOLOCC ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY  (Read 14239 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: FEB 6TH - 7TH: CHOCCOLOCC ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY
« Reply #108 on: February 08, 2015, 09:14:04 PM »
Yep this was an awesome weekend.  Big thanks and good job to Scott leading our group around.  Thanks Scott, John and Rob for the help spotting and pulling some cable

Any changes needed to the silver jeep or is it perfect?

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Elvarian

• Visitor
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2015, 12:42:08 PM »
Wife and I had a good time, her first trip ever.  now she doesnt consider my black wrangler such a 'black hole' for $.  thanks all for a great ride, we will be doing another real soon and hope to stay for a full day next time.  ready for more  //letseat//
Bret & Soo

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2015, 01:33:57 PM »
Yep this was an awesome weekend.  Big thanks and good job to Scott leading our group around.  Thanks Scott, John and Rob for the help spotting and pulling some cable

- Torg

Perfect is a big word.  I still have some upgrades to do - front axle and transfer case.  As far as this round it's pretty solid.  May change the front shocks.  They seem to have less up travel than one that is slightly shorter due to longer body.

Oh and I may consider cutting a line in the center lugs of the tires as Scott has recommended previously on these tires to help them wrap around rock better.  Not sure I have the nerve to start cutting on them just yet.  I was running 6 PSI and they weren't flexing much, need to break them in more.  The sidewalls are very stiff.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2015, 02:10:30 PM »

Perfect is a big word.  I still have some upgrades to do - front axle and transfer case.  As far as this round it's pretty solid.  May change the front shocks.  They seem to have less up travel than one that is slightly shorter due to longer body.

Oh and I may consider cutting a line in the center lugs of the tires as Scott has recommended previously on these tires to help them wrap around rock better.  Not sure I have the nerve to start cutting on them just yet.  I was running 6 PSI and they weren't flexing much, need to break them in more.  The sidewalls are very stiff.

Good, not to much effort for this round. 

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2015, 06:42:45 PM »

- Torg

Take all the air out or close to it and drive around your neighborhood that way. It will help.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2015, 07:59:06 PM »
Take all the air out or close to it and drive around your neighborhood that way. It will help.

Thanks, will do that this weekend.  Didn't have time for any break in before the ride.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline PopTop

• Visitor
  • PopTop
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2015, 07:15:47 AM »
Thanks to the staff for a great weekend. Couldn't have been a nicer weekend for a ride. It was also nice to meet some of my Paulding neighbors and see some really nice rigs. I look forward to seeing everyone again in March at AOP.
Kevin

"Wonder what this button does?"

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2015, 07:31:25 AM »
Thanks to the staff for a great weekend. Couldn't have been a nicer weekend for a ride. It was also nice to meet some of my Paulding neighbors and see some really nice rigs. I look forward to seeing everyone again in March at AOP.

How'd those Blue's do?
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline PopTop

• Visitor
  • PopTop
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2015, 02:40:43 PM »
Loving the tires, still need to work out some kinks with my steering but overall I'm happy.
Kevin

"Wonder what this button does?"

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »

How'd those Blue's do?

They worked well enough on playground I had to ask Kevin if they were Reds. Must have been a wheelbase thing  //;D//

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2015, 04:09:46 PM »
Blues are awesome!  I considered keeping my 35 blues instead of the non-blue 37s...I'll try the 37s and see if I want to go back.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2015, 07:28:46 PM »
Blues are awesome!  I considered keeping my 35 blues instead of the non-blue 37s...I'll try the 37s and see if I want to go back.

- Torg
Why not a 37" blue or red?
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM