BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: FEB 6TH - 7TH: CHOCCOLOCC ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY  (Read 13923 times)

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
Re: FEB 6TH - 7TH: CHOCCOLOCC ORV PARK & CAMPGROUND - DISCUSSION ONLY
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 08:59:23 AM »
February for the last number of years has always been Morris Mountain and it has always been absolutely jack ass cold.  Last year the Friday night camp was 25 degrees.

We changed up the February park this year in hopes that maybe the weather would change too.  We shall see.

For those that will camp, I recommend camping at one of the large open spots.  One is directly to your right as you are coming up the hill past the pay station.  The other is at the top of the entrance hill to your left.  There are no trees at these locations so you'll get more sun.

There is a nice grassy area on the East side of the RV area in front of the bath house.  Electricity if you want to run an electric heater.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 09:22:58 AM »
February for the last number of years has always been Morris Mountain and it has always been absolutely jack ass cold.  Last year the Friday night camp was 25 degrees.

We changed up the February park this year in hopes that maybe the weather would change too.  We shall see.

For those that will camp, I recommend camping at one of the large open spots.  One is directly to your right as you are coming up the hill past the pay station.  The other is at the top of the entrance hill to your left.  There are no trees at these locations so you'll get more sun.

There is a nice grassy area on the East side of the RV area in front of the bath house.  Electricity if you want to run an electric heater.

Sweet.  That is a great location.  For some reason I thought that was for RV's only.  If tent camping is allowed there that is a really good spot.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 09:55:56 AM »
Pretty sure I've done my last cold weather camping after Hale.  At least until I get my off-road trailer with Roof Top Tent built. 

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2015, 10:09:32 AM »
Pretty sure I've done my last cold weather camping after Hale.  At least until I get my off-road trailer with Roof Top Tent built. 

Last February at MM was my personal coldest camp trip at 25.  Hale took over...it was low 20's can't remember exactly. 

If it is going to be that cold I'll day trip it.  Mid 30's maybe, 40's I'm camping.

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2015, 10:11:04 AM »
Tony, I've camped there several times in the winter months when there are typically no RVs there.  Last time was this past November.  Does Trey know we have a club ride that weekend?  Last November he even provided a big pile of fire wood for group I was with. 
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 10:12:47 AM »
Tony, I've camped there several times in the winter months when there are typically no RVs there.  Last time was this past November.  Does Trey know we have a club ride that weekend?  Last November he even provided a big pile of fire wood for group I was with. 

I talked to Trey on Monday and he knows we are coming.  I told him I would get back with him on a count to let him know the size of our group.

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 07:46:25 PM »
If I can get my trailer done by then I will make it out for once

Sent from the ether
Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2015, 10:05:40 PM »
I'll bring my usual load of firewood.

Offline TWaldo

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 08:43:24 AM »
I hear Pauling Co Jeepers are headed to Choccolocco that weekend to!  Anybody else seen that on Facebook?
Terry, Cyndie, Kellie, Jacob & Rosco the dog

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 08:50:44 AM »
I hear Pauling Co Jeepers are headed to Choccolocco that weekend to!  Anybody else seen that on Facebook?

not familiar with them. 

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 09:10:17 AM »
Their leader is good and knows the rules.   They have some wild members, but don't we all.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:34:20 PM by Doug »

Offline Grubbicon

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 12:23:53 PM »
Why is everything always on race weekend....... lol
Scott
CHECK OUT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCH68UwLngosdTiw0912duAQ
I appreciate every view

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM