BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico Spring Fling Pictures  (Read 9103 times)

RotorHead

Tellico Spring Fling Pictures
« on: April 04, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »
I just got back from Tellico. I had a blast even though I only got to stay for one run. I ended up skipping the night run, but can't wait to go back. It was a pleasure meeting you new guys. I look forward to the next run. I'm heading down to Florida in the morning. There should be some good stories and pictures when you guys get back.

Here's a sneak peak at the few that I have.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Tellico%20Spring%20Fling%2008/

BigJerm

Re: Tellico Spring Fling Pictures
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 11:52:41 PM »
so how were the trails? did they grade them down a lot or no?

MOLNAR

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 02:19:31 AM »
very nice...I'm wondering if they ever managed any night rides or if the storm got the better of them?

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 02:54:13 AM »
oh wow, looks like an awesome place. wish i went now, haha.
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 02:55:30 PM »
very nice...I'm wondering if they ever managed any night rides or if the storm got the better of them?

They did ride a night ride last night, and said it was rough on Trail 4 to the end and back.  Rained solid for a few hours this morning.  The guys were heading up to ride as we headed out to come home.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 08:55:15 AM by Slippery »

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 04:50:19 PM »
I just got back from Tellico. I had a blast even though I only got to stay for one run. I ended up skipping the night run, but can't wait to go back. It was a pleasure meeting you new guys. I look forward to the next run. I'm heading down to Florida in the morning. There should be some good stories and pictures when you guys get back.

Here's a sneak peak at the few that I have.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Tellico%20Spring%20Fling%2008/

Thanks Mike!  Here's a link below to most of the photos we shot.  Even with some of these great shots we missed the best when Ben was hung up on a 3 point, and the rest of us sliding down school bus cause we were all helping.

It was a dreary, windy, rainy day, darkness had set upon us....... and it was awesome!  Thanks to Ben, Will, Mike, and Chris for making our Friday ride a great experience for me, my daughter Madison, and my buddy Steve.  I plan to stay many days when we go up in June (if not before).

http://s245.photobucket.com/albums/gg46/reynoldsdb/Tellico%20May%204%202008/

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 05:26:25 PM by Slippery »

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 09:02:32 AM »
We did a night ride. It was fun, not a bad way to experience tellico for the first time. No good pics of the night stuff. The locker definitely works and I got to try it on a nice ledge at the top of 5?? i think. The show n shine had a better turn out than expected.
I have some pics to upload.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:39:21 AM »
Great pictures guys, I'm very jealous!
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Diehard

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 02:44:28 PM »
Hey guys.  A funny thing happened to me on the way to the Shine & show......

Thats NOT me in the pic, but it is my GC, I took the pic. I was by myself.

Some excellent help from Travis, Blue Ridge 4X4.

Definitely not me, ha-ha.

Travis flatbedded it back to his shop. Front 2 tires were flat. Changed a valve stem in one and remounted them pumped them up and good to go. Had to replace the battery, my Red Optima cracked, added some power steering fluid, cranked it up. No smoke, Travis test drove it, had a shimmy, but was mud on the one wheel, rinsed it was ok. The steering wheel is off-center, and we had to tape ans seal off the side rear window and drivers window. I drove it back home and it drove well. It seems to be sitting lower on the right side...Oh yea WHAT HAPPENED?

I was detoured off of 76, 60 spur had a house fire on it, onto Cut Kane Road. It was dark, raing and I never been on it. I has the OD off to help with the curves i had been doing. The last curve the Jeep slid and I slammed into a grassy hill that separated the road I was on and another road forked to the right. I went airborne and landed on the side sliding about 5-8 feet.
I was looking for my phone, about 3-5 min. when a couple people came along to help me. I have a small scrape on my right elbow, some "shot marks from the glass shatter, and a small bruise on my right lower back. I didn't have the Jeep loaded with my off-road gear, (which I always secured in place), so there were a lot fewer things flying around so I didn't get hit with anything.
Well, I had been kinda looking for a "new" DD. Guess this forces my hand. The GC will be a off-road veh. I have a few thoughts. 4" long arm. I'll keep y'all updated.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 03:11:03 PM »
Vince, I am very sorry about the wreck.  :o I am glad you are ok!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2008, 03:15:22 PM »
Glad no serious injuries on that! Now you can build it for offroad only. ;)
I've grown tired of this.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM