BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Tellico Spring Fling Pictures  (Read 9104 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: Tellico Spring Fling Pictures
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2008, 11:16:18 AM »
It's always an unspoken among wheelers... well most. We all want to come out unscathed and wheel home. But sometimes it does not work that way. It's like driving out on trail 4 at 10:45 at night and you just want off that freakin trail! You push, go faster and forget that you don't have a desert runner to soak up the abuse. The best thing I ever heard a guy say to me was... "God made somebody smart enough to make that winch... you gotta be smart enough to use it".

I know that when I get mine it will get plenty of use. I will not be afraid to pull cable if it's gonna get me up the trail and keep me from breaking stuff. That's why I wanna make sure I get a reasonably fast and reliable winch.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Chris Hyde

« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2008, 11:20:45 AM »
Not pulling, or wanting to pull cable is simply a "pride" issue, nothing more, nothing less.  You can generally vibe right away if you are getting over something or not.  Each vehicle trying to get up Guardrail and not getting farther than 5' on a 50' nasty, muddy, slick rock ledge is 100% ego, peer pressure and pride based.  Ego's, pride and pressure caused a 3 hours traffic jam and left lots of people in the dark, sloppy mud on the mountain.  Ridiculous.

BigJerm

« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2008, 11:39:28 AM »
i think Chris said it right, on a normal day, not much traffic on the trail, you can try all day long until you make it or break it. BUT when its a big event, 2 or 3 attempts is probably enough. When we hit SlickRock and the end of December we got stuck behind a group of go-kart wanna be's and by the time they finished the line was well over 40+ rigs. Well Not a single one of us made it up the rock face or the trenched out area above without the help of a cable. For the most parts attempts were kept to a minimal once it was obvious the better built rigs couldnt even make it.

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2008, 03:05:38 PM »
Pure ego and peer pressure summed up Saturday. I am still pissed that I paid $10 for nothing!!!!!!!!! >:(
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2008, 05:08:42 PM »
Pure ego and peer pressure summed up Saturday. I am still pissed that I paid $10 for nothing!!!!!!!!! >:(

yeah, we should have seen that coming, "Wanna go ahead and pay for the event tomorrow?"  >:(
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM