BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Job Interview Tips  (Read 226 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Job Interview Tips
« on: March 17, 2015, 07:18:33 AM »
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Job Interview Tips
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 08:27:39 AM »
More often than not, employees are hired based on likeability. Your resume let's the employer know you're qualified and gets you through the door, your interview let's them know if they want to be near you 40+ hrs a week.

For the job I have now, I prepared a power point presentation and had rehearsed answers to the most probable questions. Most of the interview was spent talking about dogs (which were their own slide on the pp), running, fun projects we do outside of work.

I'm an accountant/financial analyst

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 09:51:05 AM »
The basics are important.  But don't BS.  Don't tell about an experience you have that proves how wonderful you are if you're not prepared to answer detailed questions.

When we interview folks it had better be clear early on that they know our business, their own capabilities, and how they increase our value or it's usually over in a few minutes.  This is the reason we use high end recruiters to filter the folks we see.  We don't have time to waste with folks that aren't prepared and driven.

Even with recruiters, I see many resumes that are pitifully written.  Tell me your story. Make me want to meet you.

Offline frenchlayer

• Visitor
  • Josh
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 10:28:28 AM »
I deal with recruiters as well, dealing with one now, amazing what they pass on to me, usually 50% are morons
Josh and Solenn (Frenchy)

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:04:52 AM »
One time I saw a resume at my last job that had 5's instead of S's because the S key was broken on their computer. True story.
Will

94 seXj

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Job Interview Tips
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:32:10 AM »
Working at CareerBuilder, I spend a good bit of time dealing with this type of stuff. Contrary to what my friends think, I don't actually recruit, I sell the tools to companies to help them make smart recruiting decisions. Best markets for specific positions, predictive data, salary data, candidate pipelining solutions, etc.

We still get to see some pretty crazy resumes !  You have to think of the job search like a sales job for marketing yourself. Use the resume, tools (job boards, social media, contacts, etc) for marketing your resume, then use the interview and follow up to close them.

On the article, that is great information. It amazes me how much time kids will spend on a big project on school, then slack off on interviewing. Also, another tip is to make sure to ask for the next step. And try to get an offer with each company you interview with.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 11:40:12 AM by Raisinhead »
Jay

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM