BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Thinking of riding Durhamtown Friday April 11  (Read 3904 times)

RotorHead

Thinking of riding Durhamtown Friday April 11
« on: April 10, 2008, 08:24:04 PM »
I'm thinking about heading over to Durhamtown tomorrow to scout things out. It's supposed to rain tomorrow afternoon so I will probably get an early start.

Anybody interested?

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: Thinking of riding Durhamtown Friday April 11
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 09:03:32 PM »
DAMN!!! WHY do I have to be moving tomorrow!! Want to go Saturday?

EDIT: Last time I blew off exams to ride, it didn't end well. I am down for a trip soon though.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Daniel

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:48:42 PM »
Man, the leisures of owning your own company, you can take off on a whim, work whatever hours.. thanks for rubbing it in Mike.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 10:00:59 PM »
Mike, are they open to ORV's now?  Any additional info?  I'm at Lake Sinclair with the Tahoe so I'm close to Durhamtown, but no wheelin capability.

Chris Hyde

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2008, 10:03:54 PM »
Man, the leisures of owning your own company, you can take off on a whim, work whatever hours.. thanks for rubbing it in Mike.

Actually, I think I work more now that I am self employed than I ever did.  :D

Daniel

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2008, 10:21:13 PM »
Actually, I think I work more now that I am self employed than I ever did.

But at the same time.. you said yourself, you put on your shoes and go to work.. I put on my shoes at 6:00 then drive for almost an hour, slave away for 8 hours, drive home another almost hour, then finally get to rest my bones, as the saying goes.  How long 'till retirement?

RotorHead

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2008, 10:41:10 PM »
Sorry to take so long to get back to you guys and sorry to bum you out Daniel. I try to get most of my work done early during the week and leave Friday open for emergencies. That way if nothing comes up, I can goof off.

Yes, it is good to work for yourself. I've always wanted to, but there are drawbacks. Insurance is non existent unless you want to pay everything you make. There is also no guarantee that there will be a next paycheck.

I couldn't find anything on their site indicating that it is open, but I found some discussion about it on their forum. A guy from another trail riding club was asking about it and Mike, the owner, said come on down, check it out and provide feadback. I'm hoping, after I introduce myself and tell him who I'm with he will let me ride. So Doug, if your up for only the possibility of getting to ride, give me a call.

BigJerm

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43:36 PM »
But at the same time.. you said yourself, you put on your shoes and go to work.. I put on my shoes at 6:00 then drive for almost an hour, slave away for 8 hours, drive home another almost hour, then finally get to rest my bones, as the saying goes.  How long 'till retirement?

no joke on that! Ive been in both situations. Ive "owned" a company with my brother. Really we were just windows installers. Some days it was AWESOME, other days it sucked. See when you work for someone they get you work, they give you things to do, they give you raises, bonus, w/e but when you work for yourself you have to get your work, scheldule your work, and if your company has a shitty week or due to some unknow incident have a crappy margin, well you make less money too.

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 11:37:07 PM »
Where is this exacly?  I would be up for it.

RotorHead

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 11:41:04 PM »
Where is this exacly?  I would be up for it.

http://www.durhamtown.com/

From Atlanta, GA:

We Recommend the following route from Atlanta:

From I-20 East, Take Exit 130 to Greensboro. Take a left off of the exit (light)  2 MILES

At the 1st traffic light in Downtown Greensboro, take a right. Take a left at the next traffic light (The old Hardees building will be on your right)

Follow straight  for 11 miles through the Penfield Community into Woodville. In Woodville at the caution light, go straight (crossing over Hwy 77 in Woodville.)   PEACHTREE STREET

Continue on the main road for 3.3 miles to the stop sign. ( Please note: 1.5 miles  bear right in curve) At the 4-way stop, take a left onto Randolph Church Rd and go 3.5 miles, Durhamtown will be on your right.

I-20 East, about 70 miles, Two exits after you cross Lake Oconee to Exit 138 (Union Point/SILOAM). Take a left on the exit. Go a 4 miles until the road dead-ends and turn left.  Keep it SLOW when you are in the Union Point city limits. (The local Police department of Union Point strictly enforces speed limits! Also, make sure that you have proper  working lighting on trailers and etc.)  Go 1/4 mile and turn right at the two gas stations onto Hwy 77/44 (toward Athens). On Hwy 77/44 (35 mph), go 1/2 mile and turn right on Hwy 44 toward Washington, GA. On Hwy 44, GO 1.5 MILES(45mph KEEP IT SLOW) Turn left onto Temperance Bell Road,  LOOK FOR DURHAMTOWN SIGN   go straight at the 4 way stop.  3.5 MILES and Durhamtown will be on your right.

From Augusta, GA:

I-20 West to Crawfordville (Hwy 22) Exit, take a right go  APPROX 7 miles to Hwy 44     4 WAY , turn left.  Go 3.3 miles to Randolph Church Road (1st paved road on right at the bottom of the hill), go 2  miles lodge is on the left.

From Athens, GA:

Take Hwy 15 South towards Greensboro - Cross Oconee River Bridge (Iron Horse). Take 2nd Left (Macedonia Road). Go 6 miles - Dead End on Hwy 77 in Maxey's, GA. Turn right and go 5 miles to Woodville.  Turn left at caution light Peachtree Street      go 1.5 miles and bear right around sharp curve.  At the stop sign  take a left on to Randolph Church Road.  Go 3.5 miles and the Lodge is on the right.

From South Carolina (I-85):

Take I-85 South to the first exit inside the GA line (Hartwell) and follow Hwy 77 all the way through Hartwell, Elberton, Lexington and into Woodville. Turn left at caution light in Woodville and go 1.5 miles you bear right)in the curve. At the 4-way stop sign  take a left on to Randolph Church Road.  Go 3.5 miles and the Lodge is on the right.

From EASTERN FLORIDA:

I-95N to Savannah, GA to I-16W to Hwy 15N thru Sparta. Go right on Hwy 22 for 25mi. to Hwy 44    4-way  take left. Take Hwy 44 for 3 miles and turn right on Randolph Church Rd. DP is 2 miles on left.

From CENTRAL FLORIDA:

I-75N to Macon to I-16 toward Savannah. Exit on Hwy 129 (Gray Hwy) and go north to Gray. Take left to Eatonton. In the square at Eatonton take right onto Hwy 44 to Greensboro. In downtown Greensboro, take right at light and a left at  the next traffic light. (An old Hardee's building will be on the right.) Go 11 miles to caution light at Woodville. Continue straight   Peachtree street   1.5 miles  you bear right in curve  go 3 miles  At the 4-way stop sign,     turn left onto Randolph Church Road.   go 3 miles Durhamtown  will be on your right.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2008, 11:44:51 PM »
Wish I could go. I spent all my money on that Tellico trip  :P

I definitely wanna check this place out though {toast}  Take lots of pics for us!
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2008, 11:58:17 PM »
Gotta call it a night. I'll be up about 6:30 if anybody decides they want to go. Just give me a call.

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM