BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Thinking of riding Durhamtown Friday April 11  (Read 3903 times)

Offline Alex

• Visitor
Re: Thinking of riding Durhamtown Friday April 11
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2008, 12:00:11 AM »
Is there no way you could go one Saturday?  I will be in Athens then and could make it. 

JEEP

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »
What kind of trails do they have? Their website doesn't really say anything about 4x4s, just a lot about dirt bikes and atvs.

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2008, 12:45:33 PM »
The trails are new and under development. So know one really know yet.
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

RotorHead

« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2008, 06:11:34 PM »
Just got back. I'll post pics and give info in a little while. I'm about to get in trouble with the woman if I don't get excited to see her.

RotorHead

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2008, 06:33:26 PM »
I was able to ride over there today. The place is huge, but still has a long way to go to being finished. Mike let me ride and said they will be open for business May 1. There's going to be about 40 miles or more of trails. Most of them are just that, trails, but very scenic. He has built plenty of obstacles and plans to build more. He's even brought in some rocks and made a rock garden.

There is hardly any natural rock, but plenty of steep hill climbs. One hill I couldn't even get to the top of. If I pushed it, I probably could have, but I didn't want to tumble down the hill, especially while riding by my self. It kind of reminds me of Beasley except on a much larger scale. It will be scarry and slick if it's raining. There are plenty of easy bipasses for everything though, which is kind of what he's looking for.

I think it would be fun for us, but it will be a little expensive. One day will be $30 and the weekend will cost $50. The catch is that you have to pay for camping and a fee for each passenger. This is where he plans to make his money. He also plans on having a shop available and even a mechanic on duty. Of course, all of this will cost you also. He also plans on stocking common parts and mods, just in case you have money left over.

Here are a few pictures that I took. I'm sorry if my description isn't the best, but if you have any questions, just ask away.

http://s187.photobucket.com/albums/x164/SeminoleMike/Durhamtown/?action=view&current=P4110040.jpg

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 06:42:26 PM »
Looks really promising. He definitely needs more in the difficulty department if he wants folks to spend that kind of money. 40 miles! That's amazing! Does it look like it's gonna turn into a good place to ride?
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
Looks really promising. He definitely needs more in the difficulty department if he wants folks to spend that kind of money. 40 miles! That's amazing! Does it look like it's gonna turn into a good place to ride?

There will be plenty of difficult stuff when he get's done. He has 70,000 acres to play with. The more people that ride it and rutt it out will help the difficulty too.

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2008, 09:05:47 AM »
Cool.  I would like to check that out with the WJ...
Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM