BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Rossi 38 special never shot  (Read 5887 times)

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
Re: Rossi 38 special never shot
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2015, 08:21:01 AM »
Whoa this thread blew up. I thought I had notifications turned on. Sorry I haven't answered until now.
Selling for my dad. He lives in Ringgold.  //;)//
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 08:25:52 AM by thetastelingers »
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Offline thetastelingers

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:34 AM »

Do you live in Chattanooga , Tn?

If so it is illegal to sell a handgun over state line

Who will know?
You better never get caught with it.  Even if it is your gun and you move states there is alot of legal paper work involved.
Really? I have lots of guns that I purchased before I moved to Tennessee.
------------------------------------------------------------------
If at once you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2015, 08:26:54 AM »
Whoa this thread blew up. I thought I had notifications turned on. Sorry I haven't answered until now.
Selling for my dad. He lives in Ringgold.  //;)//
If he lives in Ringgold and he sells it everything is cool.

I just don't want to see anybody get in trouble or get a gun taken away and be out the money they spent.
Bobby

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2015, 10:05:56 AM »
@cru9 , @SemperFiArms , correct me if im wrong, but isnt there some kind of law that states something to effect of if the individual buys for a "reasonable" price no matter if the gun is stolen, across state lines, whatever, it still takes the buyer out of lawful responsibility because he bought the gun in "good faith"
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2015, 10:08:34 AM »
Nope. Here is a perfect example. A guy recently just bought a gun from a pawn shop. Gun was stolen but later found out gun was used in a crime. Gun was tracked down to new owner. Cops took gun and new guy is out gun and $500 plus dollars. If gun has any negative history and it's tracked down you loose it.
Bobby

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2015, 10:09:29 AM »
Answer your question new buyer doesn't get in trouble just looses gun and money paid for gun.
Bobby

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2015, 10:15:53 AM »
Answer your question new buyer doesn't get in trouble just looses gun and money paid for gun.

this ^^ thats what i was told by our sheriff here in Union Co. I guess if i was thinking i woulda realized it had nothing to do with sales over state lines, other than the individual isnt charged.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2015, 10:27:25 AM »

this ^^ thats what i was told by our sheriff here in Union Co. I guess if i was thinking i woulda realized it had nothing to do with sales over state lines, other than the individual isnt charged.
I think it would be a deciding factor of what kind of problem gun history was. If you got pulled over and gun ended up stolen after a serial number check gun would be taken by police and you would be arrested also. With possession of stolen property.
Bobby

Offline SemperFiArms

• Visitor
  • Oremus Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2015, 10:58:29 AM »

I think it would be a deciding factor of what kind of problem gun history was. If you got pulled over and gun ended up stolen after a serial number check gun would be taken by police and you would be arrested also. With possession of stolen property.

Bobby you are correct. It would be up to the person in possession of the gun to prove they purchased it with no knowledge of it being stolen. We could go on for days with some of the really asinine gun laws and regulations.

Just a good rule of thumb for private party sales, always get a bill of sale. it doesn't have to be fancy, just a piece of note book paper would do. Sellers name and address, buyers name and address, item being sold (including serial number) and signatures. This way if something like that ever occurred you would be protected. It would never need to be filed anywhere just kept with your personal documents.
Chris
Improvise, Overcome, Adapt.
Do or Do Not, There Is No Try.

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »

Bobby you are correct. It would be up to the person in possession of the gun to prove they purchased it with no knowledge of it being stolen. We could go on for days with some of the really asinine gun laws and regulations.

Just a good rule of thumb for private party sales, always get a bill of sale. it doesn't have to be fancy, just a piece of note book paper would do. Sellers name and address, buyers name and address, item being sold (including serial number) and signatures. This way if something like that ever occurred you would be protected. It would never need to be filed anywhere just kept with your personal documents.
Very true!
Bobby

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »
So... you gonna buy this thing or not  //LMAO//
I've grown tired of this.

Offline patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2015, 11:16:32 AM »
If the gun is stolen, it's returned to its original owner if you can prove it's you.

Old college room mate had his glock stolen from GA and used in a crime in NY. He reported it stolen, was notified when it was found, and received it back about 8 months later.

So yea, a bill of sale is always good. Just make  sure you buy from the lawful owner :)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM