BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Memorial Day Hale Mtn pics and stories  (Read 8299 times)

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Memorial Day Hale Mtn pics and stories
« on: May 24, 2015, 01:21:21 PM »
Thus park is sweet, lots of trails and tons of rock. Some rock is loose but not quite like Chocco.

Good, clean toilets and reasonable clean showers w warm water.

Here are some pics

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Memorial Day Hale Mtn pics and stories
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 01:25:53 PM »

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 03:06:55 PM »
Jay

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 03:40:58 PM »
kickass weekend
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 03:42:39 PM »
 //cheers2//
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 03:44:17 PM »
 //SLAMIN//
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 04:00:49 PM »
Awesome pics. Looks like you had a great time. Look forward to checking this park out sometime.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:29:27 PM »
Here's what few shots I took. I was having too much fun wheel'n to stop and take pics.  //SLAMIN//

Who said CJ's can't flex!

And Jeeptrk's LJ can really stretch!

I believe if Danny had a full tank of fuel he would have cleaned "water fall". Lost fuel pressure right at the critical break over.

Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2015, 06:10:02 PM »
^^ nice pictures Marc

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2015, 08:56:06 PM »
Great pics, guys!  I only took a few pics and I will post them up shortly.  I have some iPhone videos and I was rolling my GoPro for a lot of the time, too.  I will *try* and go through that video this week.  //;D//

I had a blast at this park!  Trails were really nice...not too easy...not too hard...JUUUUUSSSTTTT RIGHT.  Rocks everywhere...ledges on the MAIN TRAIL!  Purty sweet!  Weather couldn't have been better and the rollin crew was awesome as well.  Tony had some valve stem issues, and Danny nearly ran out of gas on the trail (no one had extra...not even Todd...who has a gas can on his Jeep), but other than that, it was an awesome couple of days in the woods.  The map & signage sucks, but that seems to be a running theme at these offroad parks.

Jeep did awesome on the trails.  Flexed great.  MT2s were working really well, especially now that I have those internal beadlocks and was running just 8 lbs.

The only issue with this new rig seems to be on the highway on (somewhat) big hills.  Even when I drove it home from SC on I-85, on the hills it seemed to bog down and wouldn't downshift correctly.  It ended up causing the engine temp to trigger the dash lights 2 or 3 times that trip.  Allsouth replaced the trans cooler, because the old one was installed by a retard, and it was a little smaller, so I was hoping maybe that would help airflow, too.  Anyway...trip to Chocco went fine, as there were really no big hills on the way.  On the way to Hale, on the couple of "mountains" I had to cross, it would go progressively slower up the big hills, but never overheated or threw any codes.  So, going home I thought maybe going (slow) on the interstate would be easier on it than the back roads over the mountains.  But, as soon as I got on I-24, there was a big climb up to Monteagle.  It got down to 45-50 and engine temp light came on & check engine light came on.  Marc was still behind me, so we stopped at the rest stop right at the top and checked the trans fluid, and it was OK.  Temp went back down quickly and had no other issues all the way home.  I checked the code when I got home and it was a misfire in cylinder 5.  Cleared the code and drove it a bit and did not return.

So.....I guess I am going to need to address that.  Worked great on the trails, tho! (I keep reminding myself of that)
Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2015, 09:00:33 PM »
Glad to hear you didn't have any more problems Jason. Hope you get her sorted out soon. You got to admit. It's better than two broken front shafts and a rear window right?

LOL
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline RedDragonATL

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2015, 09:27:17 PM »
Here are the couple of pix I took.  I was focusing on video.   //;D//

Oh, and thanks, Marc, for making sure I was OK and to Wes for checking on me once I got home.  Never leave a downed wheeler!

Jason

I'd like to change the world, but they won't give me the source code.

2001 Jeep TJ, Cooper STT Pro 35s, 4.56s, D30 Spartan front, D44 ARB rear,Fender armor, sliders

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM