BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Linked Events

• COPPINGER COVE: July 18, 2015

Author Topic: COPPINGER COVE : JULY 18TH - DISCUSSION  (Read 15446 times)

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: COPPINGER COVE : JULY 18TH - DISCUSSION
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 10:00:11 AM »
There is a guy near one of the entrances that allows trailer parking on his land for a donation. He's just a few houses up from the house with all the solar panels, for anyone who has been there. I'll try to find his name.

We went last year and stayed at the hotel just down the street from AOP. Absolute blast. TONS of rocks and lots of water crossing. Some of the crossing can get deep, and people have tried to mark some areas to avoid where the bottom drops off (8ft+). Once on the trail, you're pretty much committed to going through. There are many side trails, but no real exits. At a leisure pace, a group of 6 of us took most of a day with stops for lunch, pictures, exploring caves, etc. Trails can get narrow, especially after a storm knocks over some trees. Bring a chainsaw just in case.

The trail is a public "road", but it is not maintained and probably hasn't changed much since wagons went down it. Look out for SXS and four wheelers. Also some cool Indian burial mounds throughout.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 10:12:49 AM »
I have arranged for the group to have a guide for the day for a donation.  Having a guide that has lived there all of his life is priceless. 

I can't be there but sure wish I could.  It is the coolest place with the rivers, mountains, and caves. 

This might be the same fella you mentioned.   He lives on Coppinger Cove Road and has trailer parking and primitive camping on his property for donation.

He says "yall can camp here if you  want or at the trials training center i got a fire pit and smokers yall can camp here for donations i think the ttc charges $15 per tent but they have bathhouses you gotta piss in the grass here"

//rtft//

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2015, 10:32:53 AM »
Absolute blast. TONS of rocks and lots of water crossing.

I have arranged for the group to have a guide for the day for a donation.  Having a guide that has lived there all of his life is priceless. 

I can't be there but sure wish I could.  It is the coolest place with the rivers, mountains, and caves. 

This might be the same fella you mentioned.   He lives on Coppinger Cove Road and has trailer parking and primitive camping on his property for donation.

He says "yall can camp here if you  want or at the trials training center i got a fire pit and smokers yall can camp here for donations i think the ttc charges $15 per tent but they have bathhouses you gotta piss in the grass here"

//rtft//

AWESOME!!!
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline 8lugLJ

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 10:45:51 AM »
Thanks Doug!!
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 01:50:30 PM »
Since its near to AOP why not camp there at the end of the day?
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Online patman

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 02:20:24 PM »

//rtft//

Scrawny guy with beard (maybe red head) and makes knives on his back porch? Yup, that's him lol. Very nice, he offered to guide us as well.

Offline prjohnson

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 07:49:22 AM »
I don't make it on many rides, but this is one I've always wanted to go on. Again, it's falling while I'll be laying on the beach. Take lots of pictures. Looks like an awesome place.
Perry

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2015, 10:01:08 AM »

//rtft//
Doug - this is great.  Can you PM me his contact details so I can connect ahead of time for trailer parking?  I will be doing a day trip but want to know for sure that I have a place to park.  Thanks for arranging it.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 12:29:50 PM »
Haven't made the decision yet until some other factors clear out but I am likely to go with the family, will check-in as it gets closer.  This looks like a great ride. 

Is it possible that we call ahead to make sure that the deep water crossings are workable, or do we find out when we show up and dunk the hood in?  From my reading and youtube and all that it seems most of the year its pretty much fine just not after strong rains or a wet season.   

Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 12:54:18 PM »
@jd30005 @jgerhard

He is a backwoods fella, and he doesn't have a phone,  He has internet and prefers to be contacted thru Facebook, so reach out to him... check my friends or search for him:
Tom Henderson
612 Coppinger Cove Rd
Sequatchie TN 37374

Don't forget he will take donations for the camping and guiding that go to the Coppinger Fund... I have no idea what that is or what it does...  //;D//

You don't have to cross the rivers to do a lot of the area, but you may have to drive around.  You will be in good hands with your guide and he will lead the way on 30's so don't be skeered.  //popcorn//

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2015, 01:37:19 PM »
It will be a fun trip
Bobby

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2015, 09:54:59 PM »