BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Metro's over due update  (Read 223 times)

Offline Metro

• Visitor
  • Back up and bump it!
Metro's over due update
« on: July 18, 2015, 03:49:52 PM »
Hi all,
As most of you know already I moved my family out to Denver last November for work.  I got to see a few GATR folks in Moab back in May but really haven't been active on the GATR forum since moving.  My company opened a new office out here and I was picked to come out and run professional services and pre-sales for the new office.  Work has been keeping me quite busy but I have had some free weekends to have some fun.  Unfortunately I haven't taken my Jeep on a single trip in Colorado.  The only place I've been with it was Moab, which I feel has probably spoiled me even for Colorado's trails.  The other reason I haven't taken the Jeep out is because back in March and April I purchased 2 Polaris RZRs, an 800S and a 900XP.  Just about every free weekend we could, we've taken them out to the mountains to various trail systems.  In addition to the RZRs, I purchased a 20' trailer and a 2002 Tahoe Z71 to pull it with.  My wife still won't ride off road with me in the Jeep but she has gotten pretty good at driving the 800S in all sorts of terrain.  They a really are a blast and it's been hard for me to justify keeping the jeep in the garage almost all the time now.

We found an awesome house to rent down in Parker with a huge 3 car garage, an indoor hot tub and a nice big flat driveway that backs up to a golf course and has a distant but awesome view of the mountains.  Work is going great, we've hired several more people and stretched our goals for the year 3x over what it started out at for 2015.  My daughter has adjusted well and tells us she likes her school here better here than in Gwinnett.  Of course we miss family and friends, that is probably the biggest draw back.  Some have come for a visit and we've made several trips back to GA already to visit.  Anyway that pretty much sums it up.  Here's a few pics for reference.

Glenwood Canyon on the way to Moab:

Central City Trail System:

Seth
07 Rubicon Unlimited on 37s

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
Re: Metro's over due update
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 05:50:56 PM »
Great update Seth. Those rzr's look like a blast, they are really getting popular. Glad to hear your daughter likes it out there.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:10:18 PM »
Livin it!

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2015, 11:21:15 AM »
It was good to meet you out in Moab Seth.  Is Denver somewhere you see your family staying for the long term? Just curious, always like to hear opinions from people about where they live/moved to.

//BEER//

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2015, 11:38:09 AM »
If it wasn't for my kids and my situation I would move in a heart beat to Colorado.
Bobby

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2015, 05:02:04 PM »
Jealous for sure! Glad you and your family are happy out there!
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM