OTHER INTERESTS > Home brew - Craft beer - IPA

Brewery Tour Thread

<< < (2/14) > >>

kvom:
There is a small 1-room craft brewery in Vickery Village 200 yards from my house.  The beer is available at Tanners next door.

Skippy:
One of my favorite pastimes when traveling for work ... find the local brewery and sample the goods.  Every glass represents a brewery visit.  Surprisingly, Delta hasn't broken one yet. 

The larger breweries are neat just because of the scale, but I always enjoy visiting the smaller guys as it's always a bit more personal when you can actually have a beer with the brewmaster.  My best memory is shoveling out a ton or so of spent grain from the mash tun at Titletown Brewing in Green Bay - dude thought I was a nut case for volunteering.  Not sure he was wrong...

Raisinhead:
^^^very impressive!!

tcdawg:
I'm a hop head craft beer junkie and, like Skippy, when I travel I will be stopping by the local brewery's!

My last trip this summer took me to San Diego. What a place for beer.

Two of my absolute favorites were:

Green Flash
They have the sweetest tasting room that I have been in and at 5pm food trucks pull in to the parking lot. Nirvana!

And Ballast Point:
They have a damn big operation. Not AB big but big for craft brew. They had a ton of beers that they don't send to the East Coast that were so damn good. I don't think I could live w the fruits and nuts in Cali full time but I will be going back to visit.

tcdawg:
And now I have a confession. I have lived in Woodstock for over a year now and have not made a trip to Reformation...like 4 miles from my house.

Who wants to go check it out some time?  They do tours and tastings Thursday and Fridays evenings and Sat and Sun afternoons

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version