BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Harlan Aug. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories  (Read 24435 times)

Offline cru9

• Nautical Wizard
  • Visitor
Harlan Aug. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories
« on: August 13, 2015, 11:26:11 AM »
Post them up!
Bobby

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
Re: Harlan Aug. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2015, 02:40:16 PM »
Torture thread...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I've grown tired of this.

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2015, 04:10:34 PM »
Let the games begin

John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 11:14:33 PM »
Well, I got one good..err...great run in today: rock garden.  I took what I think was one of the hard lines...low gear, slow, and it flexed like it should.  No rubbing, no scraping, and smooth as silk. 

Then I lost some steering control (once I was out of the fun stuff) because the hydro assist piston attachment on the drag link spun.  That bent the helm on that end a bit so that it couldn't be positioned properly, plus the connection continued to spin.  It couldn't be tightened enough because the Allen heads stripped out.  The solution for this trip was to cap the hydro ports on the gear box, remove the ram, and I'm ready to wheel tomorrow, but with more effort. 

I'll find a better solution when I get back to Atlanta.  Mo problems, mo money.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:16:42 PM »
Tough one Torg. Atleast it is wheelable. Jorge get taken care of?

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2015, 12:01:26 AM »

I don't know, but I'm interested in the outcome.  I think he drove it here, so I hope it gets taken care of.  I can't street mine with the reds, so my trailer isn't a option unless Danny brings my 37s mounted on some wheels, which why not bring a new shaft instead.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline CaneJeep

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2015, 12:06:14 AM »

I don't know, but I'm interested in the outcome.  I think he drove it here, so I hope it gets taken care of.  I can't street mine with the reds, so my trailer isn't a option unless Danny brings my 37s mounted on some wheels, which why not bring a new shaft instead.

- Torg
The team really stepped up and towed off the mountain. Tony's trailer and Kevin with his truck. We worked on my the axle till around 11:00 but realized I that it needs to be towed in and worked in a shop. Many helped but special thanks to AJ for everything.
Jorge

Offline 94xjsport94

• Visitor
  • Cherocar
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2015, 01:42:19 AM »

Well, I got one good..err...great run in today: rock garden.  I took what I think was one of the hard lines...low gear, slow, and it flexed like it should.  No rubbing, no scraping, and smooth as silk. 

Then I lost some steering control (once I was out of the fun stuff) because the hydro assist piston attachment on the drag link spun.  That bent the helm on that end a bit so that it couldn't be positioned properly, plus the connection continued to spin.  It couldn't be tightened enough because the Allen heads stripped out.  The solution for this trip was to cap the hydro ports on the gear box, remove the ram, and I'm ready to wheel tomorrow, but with more effort. 

- Torg

So you broke your assist cylinder's piston mount or what exactly broke? The little tie Rod clamp?
Will

94 seXj

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2015, 06:51:00 AM »
Team GATR pulls thru again.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »

- Torg

So you broke your assist cylinder's piston mount or what exactly broke? The little tie Rod clamp?
yep, the clamp. 

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2015, 09:02:05 AM »
Team GATR pulls thru again.

Yep, big thanks to Biscuit (he had the crap job of waiting at my jeep while I retrieved the trailer), Marc, John, Rob, and Todd...and I'm sure some others.

Thanks, GATR!

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2015, 11:18:56 AM »

- Torg

yep, the clamp. 

- Torg

Why not just have it welded locally?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM