BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Harlan Aug. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories  (Read 24763 times)

Offline ranier1315

• Visitor
    • Flameshots Photography
Re: Harlan Aug. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2015, 09:11:57 PM »

Carnage report. Turns out I did sling a drive shaft weight on Whitetail. Pretty bad vibration at 78+mph. I first thought it was a rear end or tire but when I got home and really looked closely it was a weight on the DS. Front diff cover is now leaking from bashin several times and my bullydog tuner got wet from the rain and now won't turn on.  I have placed in front of a hair dryer and it is now in dry rice to see if it will recover. Overall an AWESOME week! can't wait til next year!

Put it in dry rice!

See post above. It is in rice as we speak. Thanks.
Marc, Tracy, Jordan, and Tyler Allen

"Some women are like scooters, you have fun ridding them, you just wouldn't want your buddies to see you ridding them......" - A very wise man.

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2015, 09:17:53 PM »

Carnage report. Turns out I did sling a drive shaft weight on Whitetail. Pretty bad vibration at 78+mph. I first thought it was a rear end or tire but when I got home and really looked closely it was a weight on the DS. Front diff cover is now leaking from bashin several times and my bullydog tuner got wet from the rain and now won't turn on.  I have placed in front of a hair dryer and it is now in dry rice to see if it will recover. Overall an AWESOME week! can't wait til next year!

Put it in dry rice!

Wow, I'm obviously exhausted. Read right over that.
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2015, 09:18:55 PM »

Put it in dry rice!

Wow, I'm obviously exhausted. Read right over that.
I did too

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline gint2

• Visitor
  • RAINMAN - 18436572
Harlan Aug. 13th - 16th Pictures, Videos and Stories
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2015, 10:25:49 PM »
Well #3 Harlan was awesome for me!! I had a blast!  I added a couple more dents, but they will be covered up when I put on the armor.  I somehow popped out my LR tail light on Your Turn. No damage and it went right back in.  Short of my concerns that I had a transfer case failure on Friday, which ended up being a bad front driveshaft. I had no issues.  My rig wheeled fine with the "clicking" CV joint on the driveshaft.  Bonus, Bill (Kevin"s buddy) has a stock spare he's giving me.  That should get me by another 3-4 years. 

Things to note:
You certainly do not need a steering stabilizer.  With my new RK LCA's and RK massive steering I was rolling at 85+ over bridges and bumps with no wobble or shakes. 

White Tail Crawl is freaking AWESOME!!

Jay whines when you wheel his rig at night. 

The deer are cool to watch

x3 - Drunk Justin is funny

Too bad we're from GA and don't know where to get good liquor.  lol

Here are some pics I took. 

After hitting that same rock 3 years in a row, sometimes twice in the same day, I own that rock!

Food was awesome! Thanks to the many chefs and those that helped me with getting the boil put together. 

Let's not forget about Kevin's good wood.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 10:29:32 PM by gint2 »
JK-AJ

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2015, 10:59:46 PM »
The whiners were in the back seat!  And, no I didn't want my jeep to end up looking likes Don's so I said no to the mud. Haha
Jay

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2015, 11:14:49 PM »

And 3.  Drunk Justin is hilarious!

Drunk Justin is the best!!

hahahaha drunk Justin does love some night rides. you guys and your peanut butter, loki will never be the same. Had a blast, and Beth got to do a little wheelin. Big thanks again to Clark, Wes, Rob, Biscuit, and Jon for the help, tools, and run to town for parts when i busted on the waterfall, cant thank you guys enough for your patience. The rest of the weekend was awesome too, thanks to all who cooked and put up with me and the wife and dogs. I have lots of video to edit and will put up soon. I have to admit I was a nervous wreck about my truck until I pulled in the driveway finally this evenin, it had drank/leaked about 3qts of oil just from the house to Harlan, had to fill it up on the way home, it pretty much finished the turbo off and was wayyyy down on power on the way home. My motor guy should have the new beast motor finished in the next couple weeks and get it in soon, so thatl be a relief before the next long haul.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline kent10sne1

• Visitor
« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2015, 05:56:11 AM »
I had a great time with my new TC (thanks to Danny @PHANTOM  and AllSouth team), was able to do several trails i never did before and felt much better about my crawl speed.   still need some seat time, im still young in wheeling unlike many others.   kudos to all the great spotters we have in our club.  could not have gotten thru much of white tail/or mason jar without several folks helping.   

I may be missing someone but wanted to give a few special shouts to Bobby @cru9  (working like a dog running up and down trails to spot), Tony @tcdawg  for doing the same, plus leading a group with me in it, Jay @Raisinhead  for some much needed spotting at several critical spots, .. Marc @ranier1315  and Don @BigPrince  for putting up with my Odd behavior, Kevin @tjsahara00   for the encouragement and Todd @tazstoy  !  for the Much needed pep talk to get me onto that White Tail trail, spotting and not beating my ass when i hit him with my tire. 

Thanks to AJ @gint2 for some advise on future mods i may be looking for, and to Jonathan @jgerhard for the encouragement and advice on helping me understand some much needed things on my rig.   

All around, glad im with a great group of guys.  thanks again

//cheers2//   //SLAMIN//
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:51:27 AM by kent10sne1 »
Jeep Wrangler Sport JK 2012. //SKULL//
Kent Casey
37 PitBull Rocker's on ATX AX756 beadlock wheels
3.5FOX RESERVOIR COIL-OVER CONVERSION,5.13 Gears/Eaton Rear Locker
AtlasII 4.3.1 Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle
MC Fenders & Sliders upgraded skids
http://www.gatrailriders.com/GTRForums/index.php/topic,15401.372.html

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
  • Staying on the porch now days!
« Reply #67 on: August 17, 2015, 06:45:18 AM »
I had a great time......
I'm one happy old man. After a complete rebuild on
my Jeep then have the first trail ride at Harlan and
not break anything!! Did not have ONE issue with
Jeep (other than not bringing a top for the flood).

The pay off for after all the time and money was
when after 3 rigs had to winch up a nasty ass spot
I was the first to make it and I started hoot'n and
hollering (felt like a kid). I am 100% satisfied with
my build....thanks Bill vonsclick (beanie hat)

Thanks to Clark clark123456 for letting us use his
nitrogen to dial in the rear ORI's. Thanks for all the food
which was awesome! As always great club effort and
fellowship.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:56:33 PM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #68 on: August 17, 2015, 06:56:37 AM »

Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #69 on: August 17, 2015, 07:04:18 AM »

Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline tjsahara00

• GATR STAFF
« Reply #70 on: August 17, 2015, 07:14:56 AM »

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:21:38 AM by tjsahara00 »
Kevin Pool
2016 JKU Sport
2000 TJ Sahara (RIP)

Offline jgerhard

• Visitor
  • Grind Fresh Daily
« Reply #71 on: August 17, 2015, 08:08:03 AM »
Had a great time with the group, very intense park!  My new suspension and shock upgrades and the hydro assist were big increases in capability plus airing down alot lower.  I really learned alot watching the guys pick lines in the rocks and I was able to see lines myself and stay on them.  I'm only just now starting to see what the rig can actually do.  The JK rode perfect driving home so the hardening I've done to the front end has made a huge improvement.   

Great conversations, great food, great scenery!  Thanks Marc for the spotting you did for me.  Will post pics from my camera tonight or tomorrow, got alot at the white tail crawl. 
Jonathan, Wendy, Avery Lee, Brann

2011 JKU
2001 XJ

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM