BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: DIY Home Projects  (Read 4331 times)

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: DIY Home Projects
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 06:13:23 PM »

^^those sliding doors are killer

Those style of doors are on my to-do list for the bedroom conversion downstairs...any details you can share?

- Torg

I can tell you what I did.

We got a steal on the doors off of CL. They were from a Brooklyn Brownstone. We were going to sand and stain, but the holes from the hardware were too tough to cover. We had a company that did some furniture for us paint and stain them. Used artisan hardware for the sliding hardware. (Probably a cheaper alternative to build some from tractor supply, but I didn't mind since we did so well on everything else). The handles were from Van Dyke...? 
Tony helped me hang them. 
Jay

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2016, 11:16:11 PM »
Jay

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2016, 05:31:07 PM »
Here's the guy I go to for lawnmower repairs.  I think he does other small gas engines as well:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=billy%27s%20small%20engine%20repair
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
  • Dont go away mad, just go away.
« Reply #39 on: February 24, 2016, 11:07:56 AM »
This was a little closet project to enclose our water heater in the basement after I moved it, but it turned into a little more.. I had the old barn wood, bought the tv used for cheap, and did the bartop ourselves with cabinet grade plywood.. The backside of the bar is old used kitchen cabinets we got free that I jacked up to bar height.. the right side is open underneath and is awaiting my kegerator setup with a double tap head.. Just waiting on the local bottle shop to turn their old inventory and sell me a setup one used on the cheap.

it was basically an unused drive in basement till we did all this over the last few months, not in the pic is the pool table, futon, and new to us wood stove. Cool little hangout spot for the dogs basically.. they like to party.
"The ones that matter dont mind and the ones that mind dont matter" -- Dr Seuss

"He's a man with an LJ. And thats all that really matters." -- JC79

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #40 on: February 24, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »
Very nice Justin, but because I have to bust your balls...good job not enclosing the HVAC

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: February 24, 2016, 12:04:39 PM »
Very nice Justin, but because I have to bust your balls...good job not enclosing the HVAC

- Torg

balls busted.. when you are drunk and playing pool or watching the game its really not that noticeable.. ass..

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #42 on: February 24, 2016, 01:39:28 PM »

- Torg

I don't think code will allow you to enclose the HVAC without leaving like 2' on each side to get to it....but knowing Justin, code should not apply.

Offline 8lugLJ

• Visitor
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2016, 04:46:07 PM »

- Torg

I don't think code will allow you to enclose the HVAC without leaving like 2' on each side to get to it....but knowing Justin, code should not apply.

i honestly appreciate that comment @tcdawg , and yes, their silly codes do not apply to my bar. Although I actually did do the responsible thing and let State Farm know about it and come take pics for the proper paper work because of the wood heater install.

Offline Danny Kinder

• Danny Kinder
  • ADMINISTRATOR
    • Allsouth Autosports
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2016, 06:16:45 PM »
Some damn good work on here!! Impressive!
Danny Kinder
HEISENBERG BUILD

Offline Scott F.

• Visitor
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2016, 08:27:09 AM »
Our house does not have a real pantry, only an extra deep cabinet on the end.  It is adequate for space but you can never reach the stuff at the back or it gets put back there and since you can't see it we forget about it.

So I had been meaning to make slide out drawers for awhile. Finally got them done. The only real cost was the slides off amazon and wood fronts and backs. The drawer bottoms I had some left over 1/4 plywood from my sister's kitchen renovation. I also had enough stain leftover front a previous furniture refinish job that was a close enough match.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2016, 08:29:17 AM »
Very nice, Scott.  But you're still leave stuff at the back and forget about it.  ;)  hopefully just less stuff.

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2016, 09:17:44 AM »
Projects look great.

I have got steps to build off a floating deck, and then redo most of bathroom. Going to rip out the shower insert to put in all tile and frame less glass door. Carry the tile around the shower. Repaint. I have tiled the floor a while back.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM