SHOP TALK > Wrench Day

Ball joint replacement

(1/8) > >>

Krawler00:
Well, I need ball joints. Rotated tires and the front knuckles have play which explains the wandering feeling from time to time. Just curious if anyone would be willing to help out in replacing them? I do not own the tools necessary to do the job at my house and have never done a ball joint replacement. Trying to save some coin as I can't budget this repair in right now. Thanks guys. //:hlp//

cru9:
You can rent the tools free from auto part stores. You have to leave a deposit but you get it back when you return the tools. You need the ball joint press and the 4x4 kit. And eat your wheaties. It's harder than I thought to get them to pop in.

kent10sne1:
what does a ball joint replacment normally cost?

DOUG:
Allsouth.  Your only difference in cost is the labor, and then you can trust that it's done right.   //LMAO//

tcdawg:
Not a bad Job Ben. Like Bobby said, you can rent for free the Ball Joint press and 4x4 kit from the auto parts store. An air gun makes life easier but not totally required. I'm sure you have all the other tools needed.

Watch a YouTube vid and knock it out. :)

I'm in the middle of a backyard project so I can't commit any time to help just yet. But could in a month or so

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version