BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: The Vette Going Back to the Tire Shop  (Read 215 times)

Offline SemperFiArms

• Visitor
  • Oremus Pacem, Para Bellum
The Vette Going Back to the Tire Shop
« on: November 03, 2015, 10:05:27 PM »
The wife has to take the Vette back to the tire shop to get the tires and wheels switched. Last year we had new tires installed and I never really gave it any thought until I removed the wheels last weekend to do the brakes. I figured since I had them off I would clean them really good on the back side. When I did I saw some letters which spelled out the words "Left Side Only". The problem was I pulled it off the right. Both the tires and wheels are directional.

So now the tire shop will have to dismount each tire and install them on the correct side rims. She called them and has an appointment for Thursday to get this done. This is the second time Discount Tire has stepped up and earned my continued business.

The first was when I bought tires for an old Jeep Cherokee a couple years ago and it was totaled last December. I pulled the wheels and tires off of it and installed them on to the newer one I bought. Discount Tire still honored the free balance and rotation even though they were now on another vehicle.

Chris
Improvise, Overcome, Adapt.
Do or Do Not, There Is No Try.

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: The Vette Going Back to the Tire Shop
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 10:23:09 PM »
Yep, DT is pretty awesome!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 11:03:01 PM »
Just saying, but shouldn't they have gotten it right the first time?
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline SemperFiArms

• Visitor
  • Oremus Pacem, Para Bellum
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 11:09:50 PM »
Yeah I was asking the same thing. After all it is cast into the back of each rime 3 times Right Side only and Left Side Only. The only thing I can think of was the guy who pulled them off and installed the new tires didn't think to check and just put them back on to match.

We used to joke that guys who couldn't make it as a real mechanic ended up in tire shops.  //::)//
Chris
Improvise, Overcome, Adapt.
Do or Do Not, There Is No Try.

Online clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 11:13:37 PM »
Yeah I was asking the same thing. After all it is cast into the back of each rime 3 times Right Side only and Left Side Only. The only thing I can think of was the guy who pulled them off and installed the new tires didn't think to check and just put them back on to match.

We used to joke that guys who couldn't make it as a real mechanic ended up in tire shops.  //::)//

Left and Right are horrible indicators of location on a vehicle.  It is all about perspective...if facing the front, then Left is the Passenger's side...in most of the world; Right is Driver's side.  However, if behind the vehicle, then Left is Driver's side (again, in most of the world; Right is Passenger's side. 

Having defended the defenseless...he is a tire guy, in America...he should know what is the correct side.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM