BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Few pictures and videos from River Rock yesterday  (Read 8107 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Few pictures and videos from River Rock yesterday
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:57:12 AM »
Will and I played around at River Rock yesterday for a few hours. It was nice and dry, probably the first time I have been on a dry wheeling trip since before Morris Mountain, lol. No damage except for my muffler that fell off, lol.

Didn't make it up the hill on trail 2 the first time......

.....so I had to back up and bump it.

Will and I making it up the ledge that claimed my axle shaft last time (you can kind of here my awesome open exhaust here):

« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 01:34:19 PM by Matt »
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

BigJerm

Re: Few pictures and videos from River Rock yesterday
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:48:03 AM »
very nice. I am jealous yall got such a nice park (that I want to go to... ahemmm...) in your back yard to go to.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 12:02:19 PM »
very nice. I am jealous yall got such a nice park (that I want to go to... ahemmm...) in your back yard to go to.

If I had notice and a little more go-ahead from Steve I would have invited some folks. Steve woke me up yesterday with a phone call and asked if I could check on the group that was down there and hang out for a couple hours and make sure nothing was wrong. So I called Jimmy at 12:30 and told him to drive over here. I bet none of you could go on such short notice, or would have wanted to make the long drive for not much wheelin time.  :-\  Sorry. If it wasn't an exclusive weekend I would have posted it up.

I'm working there for the Spring Crawl, May 2-4. It's an open event so everybody is welcome and it's super cool. There are tons of crawlers so most of the trails that we ride will be open and it's always fun to watch the huge rigs. There's a band and all sorts of stuff. If you've got the weekend free, come on down.   :)

Edit: I can't believe how easily we both walked up that ledge. Well you walked it, I bounced up it.  :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:08:03 PM by Will »
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 12:07:50 PM »
If I had notice and a little more go-ahead from Steve I would have invited some folks. Steve woke me up yesterday with a phone call and asked if I could check on the group that was down there and hang out for a couple hours and make sure nothing was wrong. So I called Jimmy at 12:30 and told him to drive over here. I bet none of you could go on such short notice, or would have wanted to make the long drive for not much wheelin time.  :-\  Sorry. If it wasn't an exclusive weekend I would have posted it up.

I'm working there for the Spring Crawl, May 2-4. It's an open event so everybody is welcome and it's super cool. There are tons of crawlers so most of the trails that we ride will be open and it's always fun to watch the huge rigs. There's a band and all sorts of stuff. If you've got the weekend free, come on down.   :)

haha man I am just messin with ya. Its cool he ask you to help him out like that. I wish I could make the Spring Crawl but looks like ill be helping move Megan out that weekend so no go for me.

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 12:22:16 PM »
ha, I gotcha man. That one rock that tagged Jimmy's tow hook so many times is still out to get him. He got a good ding in his rear diff cover that scared us a bit. The XJ has a nice throaty sound to it now  ;D 
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 02:16:00 PM »
ha, I gotcha man. That one rock that tagged Jimmy's tow hook so many times is still out to get him. He got a good ding in his rear diff cover that scared us a bit. The XJ has a nice throaty sound to it now  ;D 

Its nice and quiet now, plus I added another exhaust hanger so its tucked up higher now. The ride home was miserable, I was in the perfect RPM range to have the exhaust drone the whole drive. I wish the Spring Fling was another weekend, I wanted to help out since Steve lets me ride there with you all the time, but I have a final on Friday and two on Saturday. Oh well, just let him know that I am always willing to help out whenever I can since he hooks us up.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 04:24:01 PM »

Its nice and quiet now, plus I added another exhaust hanger so its tucked up higher now. The ride home was miserable, I was in the perfect RPM range to have the exhaust drone the whole drive. I wish the Spring Fling was another weekend, I wanted to help out since Steve lets me ride there with you all the time, but I have a final on Friday and two on Saturday. Oh well, just let him know that I am always willing to help out whenever I can since he hooks us up.

I will. 2 finals on a Saturday!?!?!?  :o   That's super lame. Good luck. I've got my finals coming up soon. I'll have all of em except one done before the weekend.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Alex

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 05:14:54 PM »
I am bummed i didn't get to go.  I was in Atlanta taking engagement pic  :-\.  Thanks for the invite though will and let me know next time you go.

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 05:38:04 PM »

Hey Will, We'll be at the lake, so I'll bring the Jeep down and give River Rock a look.  How many crawlers are expected?    Ugh on the FEES :'(: Fee is $45.00 per rig and $10.00 for passengers/spectators.    :(

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 07:14:27 PM »

Hey Will, We'll be at the lake, so I'll bring the Jeep down and give River Rock a look.  How many crawlers are expected?    Ugh on the FEES :'(: Fee is $45.00 per rig and $10.00 for passengers/spectators.    :(

Yeah, it's for the whole weekend though. And really not that bad if you're going for just a day either. You can get a lot of wheelin in when you go there. There are all sorts of rigs there too. Plenty of huge rigs to watch and good trails to ride.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

RotorHead

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 08:30:16 PM »
You youngsters have all the fun.  ;D

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 09:15:49 PM »
You youngsters have all the fun.  ;D

x2!