BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: So I just got pulled over....  (Read 1507 times)

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
Re: So I just got pulled over....
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 07:56:38 AM »
I searched Title 40 again, and didn't find anything. I did however, find this little tidbit:

provided that the term "private passenger automobile" shall not include a multipurpose vehicle, which is, for the purposes of this Code section, defined as a motor vehicle, except a trailer, designed to carry ten passengers or less and constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.

Does this mean that we drive multipurpose vehicles and therefore some laws that apply to passenger vehicles don't apply to us?
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2008, 11:41:50 AM »
I searched Title 40 again, and didn't find anything. I did however, find this little tidbit:

provided that the term "private passenger automobile" shall not include a multipurpose vehicle, which is, for the purposes of this Code section, defined as a motor vehicle, except a trailer, designed to carry ten passengers or less and constructed either on a truck chassis or with special features for occasional off-road operation.

Does this mean that we drive multipurpose vehicles and therefore some laws that apply to passenger vehicles don't apply to us?

That's what it sounds like. I like it  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

BigJerm

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2008, 12:00:32 PM »
and in that sense that can be interpreted as ANY 4x4 vehicle with above stock modifications used for off road can go door less. Haha I just though of an F250 door less, lol. Either way, I would be calling DMV, police station, whoever to get clarification and if they can fax, email or point you to where it states it in the codes. That way if its legal to have no doors on your Jeep then you can Keep a copy and if the cops pulls you over again show him the print out you have.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2008, 02:05:50 PM »
and in that sense that can be interpreted as ANY 4x4 vehicle with above stock modifications used for off road can go door less. Haha I just though of an F250 door less, lol. Either way, I would be calling DMV, police station, whoever to get clarification and if they can fax, email or point you to where it states it in the codes. That way if its legal to have no doors on your Jeep then you can Keep a copy and if the cops pulls you over again show him the print out you have.

I really hope that it is legal, and if it is, that guy pulls me over again. I have nothing against cops, I have a few cop friends and thought about doing it myself before college, but it would be down right hilarious if he stopped me for it again and I had proof that it was legal. I am calling the police station when I get out of class at 3....
- Jimmy

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2008, 02:52:04 PM »
Give us the word  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2008, 03:45:07 PM »
After calling the Police, the Attorney's office, and the Mayor's office, I was finally directed to the city ordinances. They can be found here if you want to read over them and give me your opinions (I would especially appreciate it if b1pig or anyother law enforcement or attorney's on the site looked over the site): http://municode.com/Resources/gateway.asp?pid=10168&sid=10

I found this:

Sec. 21-28. Vehicle cover required.
No person shall operate or load any vehicle on the public streets and roads of this city unless the vehicle is constructed, loaded and securely covered so as to prevent any of its load from dropping, escaping or shifting in such a manner as to create a safety hazard or in such a manner so as to litter the streets and roads of the city.
(Code 1979, § 14-2003)

I take that as I could be ticketed for driving without doors if and only if I had papers that could/were flying out of the Jeep that were littering the road way or had large objects in the hatch or back seat that could turn into a projectile or fall out and create an obstacle in the road. So...I need to strap down anything in my hatch and not leave trash sitting in my floorboards, correct? I skimmed the state code, found here: http://www.lexis-nexis.com/hottopics/gacode/default.asp again and found nothing, again.

Any thoughts, or ideas? I guess it would be impossible to find out who the officer was unless I wait for him to pull me over again.

Oh, and my horn might be illegal to blow on the street....lol........

- Jimmy

BigJerm

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2008, 03:50:37 PM »
haha so ummmm dont shoot but I had the website address... I totally forgot about it. I am on there all the time for my job.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2008, 04:03:03 PM »
You piece of crap! Lol, no biggy, I got it one way or another.
- Jimmy

Offline Xterra

• Visitor
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2008, 04:05:26 PM »

ehh? why is that?

I'm guessing the PA we all have attatched to our CB's are also illegal then?
2006 Nissan Xterra

1992 Jeep YJ

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2008, 04:11:13 PM »

ehh? why is that?

I have an Oooga horn that I got from Harbor Freight. According to city ordinance, its illegal to use a horn other than one installed from the dealer or manufacturer on city streets, lol.
- Jimmy

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »

ehh? why is that?

I have an Oooga horn that I got from Harbor Freight. According to city ordinance, its illegal to use a horn other than one installed from the dealer or manufacturer on city streets, lol.

Wow, never heard that one before. ONLY manufacturer's horn. That's harsh.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2008, 04:58:01 PM »

ehh? why is that?

Wow, never heard that one before. ONLY manufacturer's horn. That's harsh.

Well, it says "manufacterers style" i.e. OEM replacement only. Oh well, I just want to cruise doorless!
- Jimmy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM