BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: So I just got pulled over....  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Will

• Visitor
Re: So I just got pulled over....
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2008, 05:30:08 PM »

Well, it says "manufacterers style" i.e. OEM replacement only. Oh well, I just want to cruise doorless!

I think we'll win that one  ;)  Guys have been doing it for decades without too much fuss.
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
  • Psalm 40:2
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2008, 09:43:56 PM »
Just move. I think you could ride a 3 wheel car round here and the cops would wave at you. :D
I've grown tired of this.

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2008, 09:59:36 PM »
There are ghetto ass hoopty-mobiles riding around here that should have seen the crusher decades ago riding around. I think the dude just wanted to be a prick. I shot an email to the captain of internal affairs with my whole story as well as a couple quoted codes from the state and city. I doubt they will be able to figure out how the cop was, but atleast I will have confirmation from somebody in the Macon PD.
- Jimmy
I'm thinkin' with my dipstick!

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2008, 10:02:16 PM »
Just keep the handbook of codes in the dash. I would love to see you ramble off a few 23-19's! HA! :D

Chris Hyde

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:09 PM »
Hey Milsap, what's your opinion?

Chris Hyde

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2008, 11:05:51 PM »
There are ghetto ass hoopty-mobiles riding around here that should have seen the crusher decades ago riding around.

LOL, are you sure they are riding around and not..................riding around?  :D

Offline b1pig

• Visitor
    • b1pig's Web Page
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2008, 02:05:06 AM »
There are ghetto ass hoopty-mobiles riding around here that should have seen the crusher decades ago riding around. I think the dude just wanted to be a prick. I shot an email to the captain of internal affairs with my whole story as well as a couple quoted codes from the state and city. I doubt they will be able to figure out how the cop was, but atleast I will have confirmation from somebody in the Macon PD.

aaahhh, Macon. gang central.  ::)

about vehicle classification. the only way a vehicle may qualify as Multi Purpose is if it is titled as such. i am fairly certain that most SUVs are in that class, and therefore, certain restrictions such as window tint dont apply... but the vehicle must be registered as MP on the title and registration.

myself and a couple of fellow supervisors poked through the codes and could not locate anything that specifically covers that subject the only "close" thing is ....

40-8-7.  Driving unsafe or improperly equipped vehicle; punishment for violations of chapter generally; vehicle inspection by law enforcement officer without warrant

(a) No person shall drive or move on any highway any motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer, or any combination thereof, unless the equipment upon any and every such vehicle is in good working order and adjustment as required in this chapter and the vehicle is in such safe mechanical condition as not to endanger the driver or other occupant or any person upon the highway.

... which is far too vague when you are speaking of doors.
'07 Unlimited Rubicon.. aaaalllll black, baby!
'98 ZJ converted to 4wd w/5.5"& 33s, '90 Geo Tracker 5" susp/b.l. & 30's
"People Eating Tasty Animals" -bumper sticker on a Chevy
ZJ 2wd->4wd Conversion,CJ5(the one we sold),MY MSN PAGE,Death Wobble

Offline Matt

• Visitor
    • Georgia Trail Riders
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2008, 08:13:19 AM »
^That one has gotten me before...
Matt, Jessica, Aleigha (4), Gavin (1)

1999 Wrangler TJ
*With modifications

My '99 TJ Build

matt@gatrailriders.com

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2008, 08:52:17 AM »

aaahhh, Macon. gang central.  ::)

about vehicle classification. the only way a vehicle may qualify as Multi Purpose is if it is titled as such. i am fairly certain that most SUVs are in that class, and therefore, certain restrictions such as window tint dont apply... but the vehicle must be registered as MP on the title and registration.

myself and a couple of fellow supervisors poked through the codes and could not locate anything that specifically covers that subject the only "close" thing is ....

40-8-7.  Driving unsafe or improperly equipped vehicle; punishment for violations of chapter generally; vehicle inspection by law enforcement officer without warrant

(a) No person shall drive or move on any highway any motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer, or any combination thereof, unless the equipment upon any and every such vehicle is in good working order and adjustment as required in this chapter and the vehicle is in such safe mechanical condition as not to endanger the driver or other occupant or any person upon the highway.

... which is far too vague when you are speaking of doors.

Thanks again for the insight, we'll see what the Captain that I emailed says. Oh, and Macon doesn't have gangs, atleast according to the former Mayor.  ;)
- Jimmy

Offline Will

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2008, 10:29:36 AM »

Thanks again for the insight, we'll see what the Captain that I emailed says. Oh, and Macon doesn't have gangs, atleast according to the former Mayor.  ;)

I strongly dislike that town.  :)
Will and Amber

White JL Rubicon

Offline Krawler00

• absent
  • C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2008, 03:45:21 PM »

I strongly dislike that town.  :)

Yeah, they have a bad spree of crazy guys slashing ankles!

Offline Jimmy

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2008, 03:59:02 PM »
Will you need to come check out my new place, its honestly like I live in a whole different city. Its quite nice, except for the drive through the 'hood every morning to school or work.
- Jimmy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM