BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: My first Yeti cooler  (Read 3403 times)

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: My first Yeti cooler
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2015, 07:07:45 PM »
Yes, but you know I want a Pelican. Just sharing info Carl.
My BIL has a pelican, I still like the yeti better, just my openion.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 01:12:07 PM »
I just saw the soft sided Yeti coolers at Adventure...pretty nifty, but crazy money.  I grabbed a 30 oz Rambler cheaper than you can get them on Amazon. 

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 03:12:12 PM »
I just saw the soft sided Yeti coolers at Adventure...pretty nifty, but crazy money.  I grabbed a 30 oz Rambler cheaper than you can get them on Amazon. 

Rtic FTW

Cups hold ice longer than yeti, well at my office lol
« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 03:14:37 PM by Doug »

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2016, 01:21:33 PM »
I hate Jay for letting me borrow his Yeti 65 for the weekend. All my full size coolers are old a cheap. I knew it would be hot at AOP so I borrowed Jays Yeti

Damn that thing sure does do what it says...keep ice a long time and everything very cold.

Now I'll have to buy one.

Thanks Jay
Thanks Obama

Offline Mortalis5509

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2016, 02:38:53 PM »
Get them through a guy on pirate. I get my shipped in for 20% off retail..I have a 65 and 35. I want the small soft bag. Got the cups as well.
Go DAWGS

Skinny Pedal Racing

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2016, 03:02:32 PM »

Not compared to one of these cups, even in a temp controlled environment.  They're truly remarkable, so I'm going to remark: 

I had a cup of ice water last night, so I finished the water and left it by my nest.  This morning it still had ice. 

Today I was working in the basement where I started with a cup of ice coffee around 9 am.  I finished the drink around noon.  I just noticed the cup still has ice in it (3 pm).

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2016, 03:47:40 PM »
Glad I could help Tony!! I called it for the record.

I just ordered an RTIC soft bag (30) and am anxious to see how it does.

The cups are amazing! I used really cold water and ice and left it to see how long it would last. Still had a sliver of ice after 20 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #31 on: May 01, 2016, 04:02:45 PM »
Bought an Ozark Trail large Tumbler and put 14 ice cubes and water to the same level in it and a Yeti large tumbler.  After ~18-20hrs the Yeti had a sliver of ice in it and the Ozark did not.  You could not tell the difference though in the water temperature in either.  I will continue to buy Yeti with confidence but I may buy a few cheaper brands also.
don't waste your time or moneY on the Thermos brand can coozie...it's not even close to the Yeti one.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #32 on: May 01, 2016, 04:35:06 PM »

The cups are amazing! I used really cold water and ice and left it to see how long it would last. Still had a sliver of ice after 20 hours.

You did call it. Said I would end up buying one once I used one.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #33 on: May 01, 2016, 05:15:48 PM »

You did call it. Said I would end up buying one once I used one.
You can use my igloo Yukon 70 I won at CFR if you want to compare it for value...I sure haven't used it.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline DOUG

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: May 01, 2016, 05:42:47 PM »

Not compared to one of these cups, even in a temp controlled environment.  They're truly remarkable, so I'm going to remark: 

I had a cup of ice water last night, so I finished the water and left it by my nest.  This morning it still had ice. 
Today I was working in the basement where I started with a cup of ice coffee around 9 am.  I finished the drink around noon.  I just noticed the cup still has ice in it (3 pm).

I do not argue that the YETI miht be superior in all real scientific tests, but that $ for $, the other options are more cost efficient unless you have an extreme application, like a tradesman working from the truck all summer in FL, where a cooled down YETI beats the competition by a substantial amount I am told. 

Every morning I leave the house with a Rtic full of unsweetened tea and 4 ice cubes from the fridge.
Some days I only drink coffee, and some only the tea, just a mood thing.
I always have ice when I leave the office and come home.  I didn't drink but about half the other day and I set it on the counter in the kitchen that night and it was still there the next morning and had some ice.  I was shocked.

Here's a test:
http://www.leighgendarium.com/2016/01/19/review-yeti-tumbler-vs-rtic-tumbler/
Both cups perform great.  Both cups keep my ice water ice cold all day, into the evening, and into the next day.
In my opinion you cannot go wrong with either cup.  If I am going to pick one as the winner I will pick the RTIC because it is half the price.  The 30 oz YETI Tumbler is $39.99 and the 30 oz RTIC Tumbler is $19.99.

https://youtu.be/T6265hi8-W4

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2016, 05:49:40 PM »
Not sure I follow the need to keep a glass of water cold all day and into the next. Drink the damn water!

Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM