BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots  (Read 27198 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2015, 05:49:54 PM »
Lemon Grass Thai in Marietta (East Lake Shopping Center) is pretty freaking awesome.  Their tom-kha-kai soup is the best around (IMHO) and all of their other dishes are very solid.

Nam Phuong on Buford Highway (ITP, near Clairmont Rd) has great Pho.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 07:42:28 PM »

Went to Bistro VG in Roswell for my wife's birthday last weekend.  Great atmosphere and we were very happy with the food.  I had the Salmon - cooked a perfect medium and Joanne had scallops - also done to perfection. 

For BBQ, I'm a fan of Smokejack in Alpharetta. 

For Lunch, If you're a chicken salad fan (I'm guilty as charged) - Chicken Salad Chick in Alpharetta has some great selections (they have multiple locations) - my favorite is the Kickin' Kay Lynne - buffalo sauce, jalapenos, bacon, ranch and shredded cheddar - how can you go wrong?

Also a fan of Sushi Nami on Windward.  In the same plaza, we also like Nahm Thai.

Bistro VG, very solid. Just a few minuets from me and we don't go enough.

Chicken Salad Chik...I'll confess as well. Love it. I get the one w the walnuts. Can't remember the name

Offline Trail Duty

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 07:45:55 PM »
Went to Bistro VG in Roswell for my wife's birthday last weekend.  Great atmosphere and we were very happy with the food.  I had the Salmon - cooked a perfect medium and Joanne had scallops - also done to perfection. 

For BBQ, I'm a fan of Smokejack in Alpharetta. 

For Lunch, If you're a chicken salad fan (I'm guilty as charged) - Chicken Salad Chick in Alpharetta has some great selections (they have multiple locations) - my favorite is the Kickin' Kay Lynne - buffalo sauce, jalapenos, bacon, ranch and shredded cheddar - how can you go wrong?

Also a fan of Sushi Nami on Windward.  In the same plaza, we also like Nahm Thai.

Smokejack has definitely got some tasty BBQ. Another good BBQ place is Two Brothers just outside of Ballground, small place but not too pricey and they have some delicious home made ice cream served on cobbler for desert.
David - 2011 Flame Red JKU

Offline BeerIAm

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2015, 10:59:39 PM »
Nothing too fancy here, but places I like.

-Heirloom Market BBQ.  Talked about on forum before.  Great Korean inspired Texas BBQ.  Not a real sit down place because they don't have seats.  But can stand outside or take to go.

-Taqueria Del Sol.  Love this place for some Fish, Brisket and whatever the hell else tacos they've got going on. 

-Bonegarden Cantina.  Street inspired Mexican food owned by the same owners of the Vortex.

-Ormsbys.  Fun place to hang out and play games like bocce ball or shuffle board.  Good bar food snacks.  Nice beer selection.

-The Porter Beer bar.  Only went there once, but dream of going back.  Awesome beer selection.

-Tilted Kilt Cumberland.  Across the street from my office.  Good beer selection, good wings, great service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan
2013 JKU

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 09:01:50 AM »
^^^
Where is the Porter Beer Bar?  Sounds interesting, new one on me

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 09:13:05 AM »
^^^

Little 5, iirc. 

Have you done Brickstore Pub?  Great place in Decatur.  Beer selection is unreal.

Wicked Weed, as we've discussed many times, in Asheville for food, drink, and scenery (gotta love college towns).

- Torg

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 09:50:20 AM »

^^^

Wicked Weed, as we've discussed many times, in Asheville for food, drink, and scenery (gotta love college towns).

- Torg

Hippie Central!!!  But awesome place to hang, eat , drink and people watch

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 09:54:52 AM »
Is the food at bonegarden cantina pretty good? I love good Mexican (or Tex mex) food. Can't get better than TX, but these are my favorites around here so far. Please post up other favorites.

Papasitos - chain, but only one outside of TX.

Nuevo Laredo

(Spelling?)
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2015, 11:32:53 AM »
I was not impressed at all with Nuevo Laredo.  Everyone built it up for me, but I found it to be no different than any cheap mexican joint (greasy meat, sloppy beans and rice...just blah).

Chuy's is OK.  I like On The Border, but I'm sure I'll get flamed for it being a chain. 

Uncle Julio's in Dunwoody is pretty fantastic.  Their fajitas are not a greasy mess like you get at most mex or tex-mex joints, their salsa is different than you'll get anywhere else (roasted peppers), and they will serve you a hot roasted jalapeno!
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2015, 12:37:53 PM »
^^^ I need to remember not to trust your Mexican food opinion.
Jay

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2015, 01:29:01 PM »

^^^ I need to remember not to trust your opinion.

FIFY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2015, 01:49:36 PM »
^^^ I need to remember not to trust your Mexican food opinion.

What specifically do you like there?  I'm sure my beer club will force me to go back there some day, so i'd like to know what is special that should be ordered.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM