BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots  (Read 27032 times)

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
Re: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots
« Reply #192 on: January 16, 2018, 04:10:16 PM »
Went to Vingenzo's in Woodstock on @tcdawg Tony's recommendation on Saturday night.  We wanted to meet some friends some place central as they live in White, Ga.  Excellent antipasto and thin crust pizza.  They have a good wine selection but only a few by the glass.  I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a cool atmosphere and very good pizza or other Italian dishes.

Thanks for recommendation Tony!

http://www.vingenzos.net/home/

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #193 on: January 16, 2018, 05:54:37 PM »
Went to Vingenzo's in Woodstock on @tcdawg Tony's recommendation on Saturday night.  We wanted to meet some friends some place central as they live in White, Ga.  Excellent antipasto and thin crust pizza.  They have a good wine selection but only a few by the glass.  I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a cool atmosphere and very good pizza or other Italian dishes.

Thanks for recommendation Tony!

http://www.vingenzos.net/home/

Glad you enjoyed

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #194 on: January 16, 2018, 07:28:19 PM »
Lapardo's Pizza (Kennesaw) is very good for pizza (I haven't had anything else there).  Better than any superchain stuff, and I happened to like it better than Mellow Mushroom and Johnny's.  It's on Busbee Pkwy near Town Center Mall, next to Discount Tire.  It isn't a cheap pizza joint, so similar to Johnny's in term of cost.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #195 on: January 16, 2018, 08:05:51 PM »
Oddly enough just had some really good pizza at Varasano’s on concourse A at the airport. I’m used to shitty-average-mundane airport food and was surprised how good the pizza was.
I'll have to try that sometime.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline Chris36l

• Visitor
« Reply #196 on: January 16, 2018, 09:05:36 PM »
So, I don't know how far behind or ahead of the curve I am on this one. But if you haven't had a burger from Bocado. You must try one. It was life changing. I don't get into the city all that often, but I came down to watch the National championship with my buddy at Atkins park. We stopped at bocado for a quick bite before the game and it was amazing.

Try their version of an old fashioned too. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Blue J

• Visitor
« Reply #197 on: January 17, 2018, 09:42:02 PM »
Laura and I went to Herban Fix last night for her Birthday. It’s an upscale vegan restaurant in midtown Atlanta. Everything we had there was off the chain delicious. I had a soy “chicken” Shish kabob that tastes so good I almost forgot it was vegan. It’s and Asian fusion restaurant so many of the dishes are Thai or Chinese style. We got cake to go as it was snowing pretty heavily. I had Dutch chocolate and Laura had a strawberry cake. Spectacular. I definitely recommend it if you get a chance. Reservations are recommended on weekends. I haven’t been to Cafe Sunflower in a while so I can’t say if it’s the best Vegan restaurant but it’s pretty good.
Jimbo
'13 True Blue JK

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #198 on: January 18, 2018, 03:47:47 PM »
The Grub Gastro Pub just opened in Roswell where The Roswell Tap used to be.  Might try it this weekend.

http://www.gastropubroswell.com/

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #199 on: January 18, 2018, 04:24:01 PM »
The Grub Gastro Pub just opened in Roswell where The Roswell Tap used to be.  Might try it this weekend.

Damn. Roswell Tap is gone?  Bummer.

I’ll have to try the new place.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #200 on: January 18, 2018, 07:19:53 PM »

Damn. Roswell Tap is gone?  Bummer.

I’ll have to try the new place.

It's a good thing. Since my buddy Sean sold it the last owner, George sumthingorother, it went straight downhill.

I'm looking forward to checking out the new place with a new owner.  Should we setup a lunch there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2018, 12:59:27 PM »
Boarding a flight to Phoenix and will be in Scottsdale,AZ all week for our global kickoff.  Most nights are already planned but I have Thu night free to take my team to dinner.

Any suggestions in downtown Scottsdale?  As of now, I made a reservation at Bourbon and Bones based on reviews.  Let me know.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline Michigunman

• Visitor
« Reply #202 on: January 28, 2018, 01:49:47 PM »
Have a vendor sponsored dinner at C. Ellet's tomorrow.  Going to see if it's all it's cracked up to be.  It's right under our building at the Battery.
Mark
2003 TJ Sport with some mods
1998 TJ with more mods

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2018, 04:02:04 PM »
Boarding a flight to Phoenix and will be in Scottsdale,AZ all week for our global kickoff.  Most nights are already planned but I have Thu night free to take my team to dinner.

Any suggestions in downtown Scottsdale?  As of now, I made a reservation at Bourbon and Bones based on reviews.  Let me know.
Mastro's!  Best I've ever had.

http://mobile.mastrosrestaurants.com/#welcome&ui-state=dialog

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM