BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots  (Read 27037 times)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Re: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots
« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2016, 10:42:54 AM »
The bbq joint isn't really near me, so I would have to be in the area, but it should be really close to Don.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2016, 07:58:45 AM »
Went to a new joint this weekend in Cartersville that was really good. 

City Cellar, http://thecitycellar.com/ right in downtown Cartersville next to the railroad tracks.  Real cool little place.  Full bar and a pretty good beer selection...they had two or three local beers, I had the Sweetwater Going Coastal IPA...very tasty.  There keg had just run out of another local IPA that really wanted but the name escapes me right now.

Real nice menu, good appetizers, we had the Calamari with the sweet/hot Thai sauce.  Super good.

They have sandwiches, salads, soups and full dinner entrees.  Wife had a small steak and it was cooked to her liking and she enjoyed it.  I had the special of the night, Trout with spicy grits and garlic/bacon green beans...damn good.

I would recommend this place and will be back for sure.

We went on Friday night and got there about 7:30.  We only waited about 10 minutes(maybe not even that long, we didn't finish our drink at the bar) for our table.  By 8pm there were tables available for immediate service so apparently they are busy earlier in the evening rather than later.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2016, 01:27:14 PM »
Went to Greater Good Barbecue today, the location in Tucker not the Roswell Road.

One big colossal bust, in my opinion.

I had the two meat plate, fried ribs and pulled pork, with green beans and slaw.

The Fried Ribs, which I have never had before and really looked forward to trying them, were very dry on the inside, greasy on the outside and lacked much flavor at all.  The pulled pork was very average, my portion had zero crust, it was all interior meat, so I had no rub flavor.  The sweet sauce and the hot sauce were both average.  The House sauce tasted like Red Man chewing tobacco, if you have every chewed you know exactly what I mean. The Slaw was nearly flavorless.  The green beans were fine, nothing to write home about.

My eating partners said the mac and cheese, Brunswick stew and baked beans were all pretty good but nothing amazing.

I would have to have someone pay for me to try it again.  Pretty bummed

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2016, 01:33:35 PM »
Went to Greater Good Barbecue today, the location in Tucker not the Roswell Road.

I had the two meat plate, fried ribs and pulled pork, with green beans and slaw.

The Fried Ribs, which I have never had before and really looked forward to trying them, were very dry on the inside, greasy on the outside and lacked much flavor at all.  The pulled pork was very average, my portion had zero crust, it was all interior meat, so I had no rub flavor.  The sweet sauce and the hot sauce were both average.  The House sauce tasted like Red Man chewing tobacco, if you have every chewed you know exactly what I mean. The Slaw was nearly flavorless.  The green beans were fine, nothing to write home about.

My eating partners said the mac and cheese, Brunswick stew and baked beans were all pretty good but nothing amazing.

If you want some good fried ribs, go to Fox Bros BBQ. 

Have you been to Grand Champion BBQ on Canton Street in Roswell yet?

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2016, 04:43:04 PM »

If you want some good fried ribs, go to Fox Bros BBQ. 

Have you been to Grand Champion BBQ on Canton Street in Roswell yet?

Been to the GC location on Shallowford. Very good BBQ

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2016, 10:23:03 AM »
I know this is a "favorite spots" thread, but I want to warn the Denver folks about 3 Forks Steakhouse.  I went there last night for a business dinner and ordered the 18 oz bone in ribeye.  It wasn't bad, but for 52 bucks it was not up to par.  Not very thick, and anemic...not sizzling like I'm used to from other high end steak places.  The service was not bad, but again, not up to par for the cost of the food...I had to order a refill of my soda a couple of times.  The sides and bread were good.

I'd choose Ruth's Chris over this place.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline kvom

• Visitor
  • Kirk
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2016, 10:54:02 AM »
Drinking soda with steak?   //LMAO//
00 TJ  stuff
02 F250 CC LB 7.3 tow pig
18 Honda CRV
12 Chrysler 200 - Wife's car

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2016, 12:26:18 PM »
Drinking soda with steak?   //LMAO//
on medicine that has funky interactions with alcohol.  I think it contributed to the Golden mess.
Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline jc79

• Visitor
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2016, 04:12:46 PM »

I know this is a "favorite spots" thread, but I want to warn the Denver folks about 3 Forks Steakhouse.  I went there last night for a business dinner and ordered the 18 oz bone in ribeye.  It wasn't bad, but for 52 bucks it was not up to par.  Not very thick, and anemic...not sizzling like I'm used to from other high end steak places.  The service was not bad, but again, not up to par for the cost of the food...I had to order a refill of my soda a couple of times.  The sides and bread were good.

Good heads up. I had a nice steak at Edge a few weeks ago. It's in the Four Seasons....

I'm in Vegas this week but curious to hear how Denver treated you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jared

2004 TJ Unlimited (LJ)

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #93 on: August 25, 2016, 05:03:26 PM »

Good heads up. I had a nice steak at Edge a few weeks ago. It's in the Four Seasons....

I wanted to try that place, but I wasn't making the reservations, and I got away without having to pay.

I love that downtown Denver area.  The crisp weather, and limited rain, made it really nice. 

I stayed at aloft, which was interesting.  The rooms are decent, small.  The cost was high ($300 per night), but I was in walking distance to my meeting office (Centurylink).  The bed was very comfortable, and I was able to turn the air down to VERY cold temps.  I'd probably stay there again.  Everyone was very nice, at the hotel and on the street.

I wasn't drinking on this trip due to medication, but man there is alcohol available almost everywhere!

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #94 on: August 25, 2016, 07:43:21 PM »

I wanted to try that place, but I wasn't making the reservations, and I got away without having to pay.

I love that downtown Denver area.  The crisp weather, and limited rain, made it really nice. 

I stayed at aloft, which was interesting.  The rooms are decent, small.  The cost was high ($300 per night), but I was in walking distance to my meeting office (Centurylink).  The bed was very comfortable, and I was able to turn the air down to VERY cold temps.  I'd probably stay there again.  Everyone was very nice, at the hotel and on the street.

I wasn't drinking on this trip due to medication, but man there is alcohol available almost everywhere!

Alofts are solid.  The only problem I've found with them is they have thin walls meaning more noise from the hallway and adjacent rooms. 

At the JW Marriott now in Downtown DC and just literally walked into Rex and Rob Ryan at my hotel.  I think they thought I was one of their players. I apologized and kept walking before I realized who they were.

Just think what you'd do with your rig if you got a juicy signing bonus.

Offline Jeepster1407

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2016, 06:51:22 PM »
Mmmmm looks good

Most LCOG Builds are like a fat girl in Yoga Pants, just cause it fits doesn't mean it works...

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM