BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

Author Topic: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots  (Read 27046 times)

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
Re: Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots
« Reply #132 on: July 06, 2017, 11:07:32 PM »
^^^looks really good
Jay

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: July 07, 2017, 07:53:09 AM »
For something quick, we went to Swallow at the Hollow in Roswell last night, probably for the last time.  Ever since Paul left to start Cue (awesomeness), SatH has rapidly gone down hill while prices have gone sky high.  Add to the fact that it's owned by super commie libtard Bill Greenwood and I don't see going back there.  Will drive the extra 15 minutes to Cue on Hwy 9.

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #134 on: July 07, 2017, 01:49:58 PM »
For something quick, we went to Swallow at the Hollow in Roswell last night, probably for the last time.  Ever since Paul left to start Cue (awesomeness), SatH has rapidly gone down hill while prices have gone sky high.  Add to the fact that it's owned by super commie libtard Bill Greenwood and I don't see going back there.  Will drive the extra 15 minutes to Cue on Hwy 9.

Agree completely
Went to SatH one time after new ownership. Won't go back.

Offline BigMike

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: July 07, 2017, 02:28:58 PM »

Agree completely

It's gotten worse since then!

Online Raisinhead

• Paco De Gallo
  • GATR STAFF
    • TJay Build Thread
« Reply #136 on: July 07, 2017, 04:23:13 PM »

Agree completely

I've never been blown away by them. I wish GC BBQ could take over the location cause it's a great atmosphere.
Jay

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #137 on: July 07, 2017, 07:38:32 PM »
I didn't find Cue, presuming I was at the right place, to be special.  I'd drive the extra bit to get to Smoke Jack's in Milton, but driving doesn't scare me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #138 on: July 07, 2017, 07:54:36 PM »

Agree completely

I've never been blown away by them. I wish GC BBQ could take over the location cause it's a great atmosphere.

GC is damn solid Q. I have only been to the east Cobb location but I have heard the New Roswell spot is equally as good

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #139 on: July 09, 2017, 01:46:42 PM »

Agree completely

GC is damn solid Q. I have only been to the east Cobb location but I have heard the New Roswell spot is equally as good
You convinced me to try it. Heading to the Roswell location for a late lunch now.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
Eateries and Drinkeries - tell us you fav spots
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2017, 02:50:08 PM »
So I tried GC BBQ in Roswell. I got pulled pork and a side of brisket with collard greens and potato salad. Overall, I would rate it good. Brisket was dry. Good bark on the pork. Smoke flavor overall was average. For me, for joints near me I would still rate Smokejack as my top, followed by Cue and GC would be next.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 02:51:42 PM by jd30005 »
John
Tube chassis/buggy

Offline clark123456

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2017, 03:54:29 PM »
So I tried GC BBQ in Roswell. I got pulled pork and a side of brisket with collard greens and potato salad. Overall, I would rate it good. Brisket was dry. Good bark on the pork. Smoke flavor overall was average. For me, for joints near me I would still rate Smokejack as my top, followed by Cue and GC would be next.

Good brisket on the east coast is not easy to find.  I think it's so unusual here that people don't know it can be so much better.  It's not as bad as trying to find need ribs, but it's close.

Clark
1998 TJ Sahara

Offline tcdawg

• Anthony Smooth
  • GATR STAFF
« Reply #142 on: July 09, 2017, 04:39:26 PM »

Good brisket on the east coast is not easy to find.  I think it's so unusual here that people don't know it can be so much better.  It's not as bad as trying to find need ribs, but it's close.

agreed on the Brisket.  I usually don't find it at a joint that is better than mine,usually its worse.  Community BBQ on Clairmont has some darn good Brisket.

I need to find and try Smoke Jack, that is a new one to me.

Online jd30005

• C.O.R.E MEMBER
« Reply #143 on: July 09, 2017, 04:41:11 PM »

I need to find and try Smoke Jack, that is a new one to me.

Anytime you want to try it, I'll be happy to meet you.  It's in Alpharetta.
John
Tube chassis/buggy

BECOME A CORE MEMBER HERE

CHECK OUT OUR CLUB WEBSITE

JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

JOIN US ON INSTAGRAM